Alcoholics Anonymous/alanon Meetings In Pattaya?

lometogo

The link below seems to work better than the link in the previous post.

http://www.aathailand.org/

This site provides full details of all meetings in Thailand.

There are 3 meeting groups in Pattaya: daily at 9.a.m off Second Road in the Soi opposite Siam Bayshore hotel, Daily in Jomtien at 12 noon, and then daily in the evenings (5.p.m/7.30 pm.) in the same Soi off Second road but a different place. This latter group also hold meetings there at 12 noon on certain days.

Pattaya is really blessed with the large number of meeting groups, as is Bangkok, and the meetings are all very good and the members very friendly.

You will be made welcome at whichever one you go to.

There are 3 meeting groups in Pattaya: daily at 9.a.m off Second Road in the Soi opposite Siam Bayshore hotel, Daily in Jomtien at 12 noon, and then daily in the evenings (5.p.m/7.30 pm.) .......12 noon on certain days.

great, good to know, some of my friends including me might go there.

in finland we get antabus-medication, do thai meds have any similar?

Timmi,

I didn't know you were from Finland.

They have Finnish meetings in Pattaya at the Second road location. Sunday at 4.p.m. and Friday at 7 p.m.

Of course, you are also welcome at the English language meetings as well.

Timmi,

They have Finnish meetings in Pattaya at the Second road location. Sunday at 4.p.m. and Friday at 7 p.m.

If we pause to examine the cultural scene, once you've seen the International Film Festival, Pattaya Ballet, visited the several musuems and internationally renowned art galleries, done the sculpture park, taken in the opera and the classical theatre then one may well struggle to engage one's time. Silly me! I forgot the numerous debating societies and book clubs as one takes such for granted in this wonderful City that is Pattaya. Alas, one is faced with that pre-sunset Pimms all on one's ownsome. Deary dreary me.

Does anyone know just how many bars there are in this wonderful City of Pattaya? 'Not enough' I hear you slur.

It's a shame one can't find a friend. Some kind individual not interested in the materialistic trappings of Western life, but rather a genuine simple soul. For example, a farm girl from Northern Thailand, I think Esarn is such a domain, a charitable child simply looking for rewarding work to help support her family. Such could be engaged to turn the wreckless away from the demon drink and set them on a search for their comforting inner self.

Who knows? A soul could be saved, salvation secured and a simple dwelling house built on a family farmstead where the fag end of days may be spent in serenity and security. Meals shared with that same honest maiden and her 37 immediate family members plus assorted cattle, livestock and neighbours. No worries over how to pass one's time there. Half the day is already gone in driving the 37 kms to get a phone signal and texting 'S.O.S.' The rest of the day is spent finding your way back home. Such a thrill.

Nightmares may float at the bottom of a bottle but dreams can come true. Forget the idea of attending any AA meeting [usually held during Happy Hour, or every hour at every bar, on every street, off every Soi, on every stool] make that dream come true! There are many single ladies and boys to be found seeking that special someone. Just look at Beach Road for example. Sad, single souls line the splendid promenade, equalled only by Biarritz, standing adjacent to the numerous pot holes, tangled cables and rubbish bins, so there must be hundreds each evening, morning, lunch time, tea time. Do they ever go home one wonders? Do they have homes one wonders. Ah, such wonders of this wonderful City that is Pattaya.

And such opportunites to speak English. ' You go with me?' And the reply, so engaging, 'How much you give?' Straight out of Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Scene 3.

Search out the reasons for that deep sadness which turns you to drink. Could it be that Mother never loved you enough? How much is enough? Hence the demon drink returneth. I do believe most sincerely folks that the gentle girl waiting quietly in that far off bar, newly employed and off the bus from Buriram, still in her flip flops, may well provide an answer. Ignore the fact that she can only manage 'Up to You' in response to every question you pose. Ignore the writhing snake tattoo entiwned up her inner thigh. Accept the fact that all genuine farm girls have a mobile phone, several piercings, a Fino Motorbike, a Dad called Gunther [ it is a Thai name] and receive multiple SMS messages in English from a series of relatives named Chuck, Pierre, Guiseppe, Miguel and Boris. All caring Uncles striving to improve her grasp of English.

Her understanding of the workings of your lap top, her ability to connect to the internet, work the web cam, write pigeon English while pursing her lips and staring longingly at the lens, and have several email addresses merely illustrates how far she would have gone had she had a proper education.

It augers well for a life, a companionship free of drink, full of meaning and the milk of Esan kindness.

Seize the day!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Timmi,

If we pause to examine the cultural scene, once you've seen the International Film Festival, Pattaya Ballet, visited the several musuems and internationally renowned art galleries, done the sculpture park, taken in the opera and the classical theatre then one may well struggle to engage one's time. Silly me! I forgot the numerous debating societies and book clubs as one takes such for granted in this wonderful City that is Pattaya. Alas, one is faced with that pre-sunset Pimms all on one's ownsome. Deary dreary me.

And such opportunites to speak English. ' You go with me?' And the reply, so engaging, 'How much you give?' Straight out of Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Scene 3.

Seize the day!

I am worried about your mental health.

And the fact that your arrogance is overwhelming.

Like you have lots of options living 'North of Korat'.

Oooooooo! Honey ! Look ! Another rice field !

I guess some people may consider loneliness and addiction as something to be laughed at. If that's their opinion, so be it.

Maybe some of the more eloquent (in their humble opinion) that have posted here consider that the world is laughing with them and not at them. That's also only their opinion.

Edited by NanLaew

Highlander Bar & Guesthouse in soi Skaew Beach, most mornings i think, quite early.

9.00 am actually, 7 days/week.

Noon and evening meetings, same soi but further up on the right hand side. There is an AA sign outside.

As previously posted, full details are on the link to Thai AA website, which is on this thread.

Meeting in a bar................... now that's handy :)

It's basically a restaurant and guest house. No bar girls, just tables. and waitresses.

It's the air conditioned pool and internet room at the back that is used for the daily meetings.

In any event there is no way you can get away from bars and booze in Pattaya, so it really doesn't matter where the meetings are held.

It's the intent that matters.

Edited by Mobi
  • Like 1

• 13 years later...
5 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

I know this is an old topic, but I really need help.

All the current daily AA meetings are in the link below (click on meeting name for full details)

https://aathailand.org/all-meetings?field_regions_value=Eastern+Seaboard-Jomtien-Pattaya-Islands&field_meeting_day_value=All