Bangkok Retirement

A long way out in traffic from Sukhumvit.In and out in 1.5 hours(with re-entry) better than the old place.One problem said the bank letter from the day before needs to be updated for the day.Ran downstairs,updated for that day.Another ex-pat told them his bank isn't downstairs,they told him to forget about it. :):D:D:D

....they told him to forget about it.....

Do you mean 'forget about the date of the letter' or 'forget about trying to apply with an outdated letter'?

What bank do you use (downstairs)? Can you really run in and get a letter within 10-20 minutes? Great!!

Edited by jamesjdaly

....they told him to forget about it.....

Do you mean 'forget about the date of the letter' or 'forget about trying to apply with an outdated letter'?

What bank do you use (downstairs)? Can you really run in and get a letter within 10-20 minutes? Great!!

My letter was from the day before,not good enough.

I recently got a 1 year Retirement extension at Chiang Mai and my bank letter was 5 days old. I asked the officer and he said they can accept letters up to a week old. As always, it depends on the office and on the officer you see.

I would have difficulty getting an ATM receipt as I don't have a card for that account.

Did you obtain a new formal letter from bank on ground floor or just an ATM receipt? If people can depend on being able to obtain there it will help there plans.

I deposited 1000 into my Kasikorn account and they accepted that,they also have an atm to update your book,I didn't use that.I don't know if they will give you a letter there,someone else should ask. :):D:D

I know, the best is your bankstatement is from the same day. Importent only if you have to show the amount of money on the bank. How somebody dit tell before, in this case they can accept statements up to 1 week only.

If you only have to show moneytransfers, the letter can be older. Then the money you have on the bank, the day of your application, is not importent.

I know, the best is your bankstatement is from the same day. Importent only if you have to show the amount of money on the bank. How somebody dit tell before, in this case they can accept statements up to 1 week only.

If you only have to show moneytransfers, the letter can be older. Then the money you have on the bank, the day of your application, is not importent.

You don't show money transfers, it would not qualify you for an extension of stay based on retirement.

You either show income, money in the bank or a combination of the two. Income is proofed with a letter from your embasy if it is from abroad or with tax papers if it is from within Thailand.