Mushrooms Galore

H2oDunc

Greetings all. Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate section if you feel it would get a better response there.

I take care of a house with a large garden here on Samui. The owner also owns a few adjacent plots, just jungle really. I took a walk through yesterday and came across loads of mushrooms. The missus from Issan tells me they are edible and they certainly look and smell like the large field mushrooms from back home. I was once told that you can peel a mushroom but you cannot peel a toadstool ? Told to me by an old farmer. Now before they join some very nice baon and black pudding on a plate I wondered if there were any fungi experts out there ? I have attached a couple of pictures. Cheers in advance Peep :)

post-24982-1257899978_thumb.jpg

post-24982-1257899999_thumb.jpg

post-24982-1257900024_thumb.jpg

post-24982-1257900039_thumb.jpg

Don't pay any attention to that saying about peeling a mushroom.  And just be very careful.

Before you eat them, just get absolute confirmation that they are OK.  People die extremely painful deaths each year from eating the wrong kind of mushroom.  In the west, we tend to criticize the Japanese who continue to eat fugu, but far more westerners die from mushrooms each year.