Quick One.. The Ferry Co's

I have used these a bunch of times, both the one that ends up at the main Nathon Terminus and the one that goes to the more rural one (Thong Yang) ones sea trans and cant remember who operates the other.

Is there any reason to prefer one over the other (speed of transit, quality of boat, etc) ??

More importantly is there any way to reserve a boat time ?? Almost every time I have come from the mainland I have arrived around lunctime and the 'next boat' was full.. So its a 1 - 2 hour wait. I got the feeling that trucks and mini buses were not waiting and being fast tracked ??

Either arrival point make no difference to me and they both take an hour right ??

Seatran & the other one is Raja. Seatran goes to Nathon & they run the newer ferries. Booking on Seatran , you have to be a card holder, only 5,000 issued.

On Raja, easier, just buy a VIP return ticket, that should help you get on quicker, as you join the VIP line, guaranteed a place on the current or next ferry.

The trip is about 1.30 to 1.45 hours.

OK Seatran was who we used last couple of times just by accident really.. Raja (forgot the name) have crappier boats but a VIP option to board. It was that VIP option that upset me a year or so ago when they sold me a ticket and I then watched the next 2 boats go as VIP ticket holders cut in front of me, the second boat I was literally 2 cars from boarding after being there hours and not happy (tho it is a pleasant place to wait).

So seatran better boats.. Raja has a VIP boarding option.

VIP is just a way some people can book the ferry by phone by a travel agency. This agency has a quota of the cars so people can book in advance. So they are not VIP passing in front of you but people have booked days before.

PS: I have VIP booking too (my wife) :)

As said, but Seatran ferry is bookable by phone, without a 'card'. They take details and give you a reference number. If you have a Bank Of Ayudhya account, you can pay via ATM machine, if not go into any branch and you can pay there.

Can you still do that?

As said, but Seatran ferry is bookable by phone, without a 'card'. They take details and give you a reference number. If you have a Bank Of Ayudhya account, you can pay via ATM machine, if not go into any branch and you can pay there.

Can you still do that?

Yes, done that a couple of times until recently. Booking starts 1 week before you want to use the ferry.

reasons of edit: Yorkie, just wondering if you haven't seen my posting yet? :)

Edited by Birdman

Can you still do that?

yes