Problem Starting Vigo

NALAK

i have 2.5 vigo, not used a lot 2 1/2 years old 10,000k, if i try and start it with air con switched on it will not turnover. if i turn off air con starts OK. i know i can switch off air con before i start but is this normal. had new battery, had battery charged still same problem. anybody else have same problem, just wonder if new battery is big enough for the vehicle. reason for new battery was i went home for 5 months and when came back battery was flat, of course garage say need new battery when i just wanted it charging. i think maybe lack of use always with air con on may not be giving battery enough charge but would think now days should not be a problem. any suggestions welcome as garage cannot not seem to solve the problem and i am worried it will not start at all one day.

Sounds like a battery prob. If original battery it's probably naff. 2 yrs is about the life of most Thai batteries. Air con is a pump and needs engine power to work, when you turn the key the starter has to turn the engine and in turn use power to turn the pump.

Just a thought, If you have had the aircon re-gased and they have put in to much psi this will give a prob on start up.

Check the cable-connection to battery first. If both are tight and not corroded, get a new battery. Boliden is good, maintancefree and comes with 2 years warranty, 3-3,5k baht for Vigosize.

Aircon compressor does not kick in or draw power from engine until a few seconds after engine started. Only fan draws electricity imediately.

If its a manual gear, should be started in neutral and gearbox disengaged/clutchpedal engaged.