Ubon Hotel Update / Info Please

siam2007

Hi Isan Boys and Girls,

does anybody have recent experience/information about the UBON hotel scene ?

what I need is a decent inexpensive middle-class hotel (means: NOT SuneeGrand or Laithong) that offers in-room-WiFi (whether free or not, I need to do my daily work, and do it in the tranquility of my ROOM, not at any coffee shop or somewhere else) as well as secure parking.

what happened to Nevada Grand ? I read some not so pleasant reviews lately. did they only change the name to UBON INTERNATIONAL but the rooms didn't get any facelift ?

what about Ratchathani Hotel, Pathumrat Hotel, Ubon Hotel, Krung Tong Hotel, Sri Isan Hotel........ ?

oh, and anybody knows a reliable LAUNDRY in Ubon ?

all hints and recommendations are very much appreciated...... ^^

thanks for that MeMock, a good link and seems a nice accom as well.

actually I came across PHADAENG before, but didn't find any information about it online.

just two questions:

do they have a reliable reliable in-room WiFi-connection and a secure parking ?

and does the reception staff understand some english ? my Thai is sufficient enough to have a basic face-2-face conversation, but on the phone it's usually rather hard to communicate.

if there is WiFi, I will probably give PHADAENG a try. the room looks pretty much like the one at that mansion in Chiang Mai where I stayed several months in the past 2 years.

with the saved money I could indulge myself in some of your hopefully available breakfast-offers at ur bakery ^^

oh too bad, I arrive on a tuesday when your kitchen is closed :-/

Edited by siam2007

Both hotels have reliable (free) wifi. So does Peppers for that matter!! :)

As for car parking, Both do have secure parking but it is limited at Pan house (huge car-park at Phadaeng)

Pan house does have yummy slumberland mattresses! A sleep to die for!

If you are only in town for Tuesday (when our kitchen is closed) shop is still open, I will let you in on a little secret - ask for a Pizza before 4pm as our baker has been taught how to make them and he is only to happy to oblige!

Forget all of those siam 2007 and chose between Phadaeng Mansion or Pan house.

I have done some reviews here. http://memock.wordpress.com/ubon-ratchatani/

I'm forgetting to compliment you toward your quite well-done blog, MM!! :) I've known about it for sometime, as we've cross paths somewhere else. You'd know me from an alternate name. I trust your upscale cafe is doing well - last I heard, you had gotten over that hump of uncertainty. Glad to see everything is booming. Keep up the fine work on your blog!! Take care.. :D

Both hotels have reliable (free) wifi. So does Peppers for that matter!! :)

As for car parking, Both do have secure parking but it is limited at Pan house (huge car-park at Phadaeng)

Pan house does have yummy slumberland mattresses! A sleep to die for!

If you are only in town for Tuesday (when our kitchen is closed) shop is still open, I will let you in on a little secret - ask for a Pizza before 4pm as our baker has been taught how to make them and he is only to happy to oblige!

itinerary for tuesday is too tight, arriving at UBP only shortly before 3 p.m, but will be there til thursday, so still will have the chance to judge your kitchen's work ^^

BTW, do Phadaeng and PAN accept credit cards ?

I look forward to seeing you.

As for credit cards, although I haven't tried I somehow doubt it. Although having said that - they do get a lot of business travellers so perhaps they do.

yeah they indeed do accept credit cards, and with no annoying and illegal surcharge.

their WiFi-internet-speed is amazing (can only dream of such thing at my home in BKK).

the proprietor seems to be (at least a little) on the bizarre side, but in a friendly way, considering the decor with those many paintings plus the fact he couldn't help but immediately fly the flag of my home country at the front door after learning where I hail from.

Great value for money though, no doubt about that, and quiet enough , set back from the main street