Agent/landlord Recommendations

Rather than throw out vague descriptions of what I'm looking for (near BTS, 1bed/studio, new build pref, pool facility a plus, WiFi also a plus, 10K baht per month range) I just wanted to ask if anyone has recommendations, from good experiences, for agents or landlords whom they've had good dealings with.

I'm happy that I will probably have to do a lot of leg work on the ground to find a truly good deal but currently holed up a few hours away in Singapore and desperate to prep some options for what might be a last minute resettlement in BKK.

It'll be a long term rental, so happy to sign for a year (pref with some sort of clause).

Basically, if you know some good people I'd be happy to hear about it...

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

DEAR, GENTLEMAN

I HAVE A FEW CONDOMINIUMS FOR RENT IN HEART OF BANGKOK. YOU DONT NEED TO PAY FOR FEES BECAUSE YOU ARE DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE OWNER. SPECIAL OFFER NO MAINTENANCE FEES FOR A YEAR SAVING YOU OVER 10000 BHT IN YOUR POCKET PRICES STARTING FROM 8,000 UP TO 17,000 BHT PER MONTH DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION. WITH 1 YEAR CONTRACT. PLEASE CALL NOW 0868968111 BEFORE OFFER IS ENDED.

NO HASSLE JUST NEED YOUR BAG TO MOVE IN.

CALL NOW 0868968111

THANK YOU

I've been checking CL, ThaiVisa (and external websites from there), thaiapartments etc. and seems hard to find anything that sits on the 10K mark per month. I'm wondering how much the agent fee adds per month.

Most ads at that price level are studio and pretty scruffy at that. Definitely not the kind of places I'd feel good about signing up for 1 year.

Am I expecting too much or is it just inevitably going to be hard as a non-Thai to find a good deal?

For now, I think I'll grab a semi-serviced studio in Lad Prao area for a month and then take it from there.

If you don't mind room size around 30 sqm.(one bed room) and pay a bit more e.g. 12000-15000 baht per month (depending on your requirement for electrical appliances e.g. TV, washing machine, Refrigerator and etc.) I proudly present you a brand new condo at Life at Ratchada Suthisarn. It is next to MRT-Suthisarn, YES, that means it takes less than 1 minute from the condo to MRT Station! It is not far away from Ladprao Road. Good area, not too busy and very safe. Large pool and fitness on the top floor. It is a high rise building.

Ready to move in around mid of DEC this year. If you are interested in, please PM me with your e-mail address so that I can send you photos of the room and condo or call 081 8065954 for inspection.

My family also have another 40 sqm. one bedroom and 2 bedroom condo in this building. It might be out of your budget but if you'd like to see them for your comparison, let me know.

SK Mansion has a fairly new building with WiFi, with studios ranging from 7,500 baht per month and up. It is about 150 meters from the Thonglo BTS station. There is also another apartment building right at the Thonglo BTS station, which is closeby to the 7-11 between Sukhumvit 38 and 40. It is a little older building but have some apartments in your price range.

For that price range, its hard to find newer buildings and places with pools unless you go to the Rachada, Onnut, and other outlying areas including Lad Prao. While looking for a rental for friends, I met some agents (British) who specialize in lower priced rentals. They seemed like decent guys, so if you want their number, PM me. Good luck!

Edited by mauiguy90