Warning: ***** Electronics

basjke

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it will benefit one ot two who are thinking of making a purchase. :)

Considering how many actual places who sell TV's i would have though Amorn would be at the bottom of the food chain to begin with.

But that still doesn't give them the right to steal from their customers.

basjke is taking an awful lot of flak for alerting everyone to the dishonesty in this particular store. It will not effect me as I only holiday in Thailand but I am sure it will benefit one ot two who are thinking of making a purchase. :)

Agreed, what if it happened in YOUR OWN COUNTRY, would you write it off as TIUK, TIUS? Or would you just buy the telly knowing it was falsely advertised???

I guess you would need to be very fast to buy the telly as the shop probably would be sealed by the government for criminal practices within a few days.

In the UK a complaint to the Trading Standards Officer at the local Town Hall would result in an investigation. Probably a warning would be issued and followed up to ensure that there were no further instances of unfair practices. Serious cases or repeated offences would undoubtedly result in a prosecution and the case would be reported upon in the local Press. I should be surprised if the shop manger, if the establishment is part of a chain, survived the experience. Furthermore I would expect the local lads to give 'the heads up' to other Trading Standards officers to check that unfair practices were not the case across the entire organisation. If so then the nationals would feature the story.

About 15 years ago the Chairman of a chain of shops selling cheap jewellery admitted publicly that his organisation was selling junk. The concern went to the wall within a month.

Anybody who thinks that the Sale of Goods Act and the availability of the Small Claims Court in the UK are unnecessary or 'nannying' would in my opinion harbour criminal tendencies.

basjke is taking an awful lot of flak for alerting everyone to the dishonesty in this particular store. It will not effect me as I only holiday in Thailand but I am sure it will benefit one ot two who are thinking of making a purchase. :)

Agreed, what if it happened in YOUR OWN COUNTRY, would you write it off as TIUK, TIUS? Or would you just buy the telly knowing it was falsely advertised???

I guess you would need to be very fast to buy the telly as the shop probably would be sealed by the government for criminal practices within a few days.

In the UK a complaint to the Trading Standards Officer at the local Town Hall would result in an investigation. Probably a warning would be issued and followed up to ensure that there were no further instances of unfair practices. Serious cases or repeated offences would undoubtedly result in a prosecution and the case would be reported upon in the local Press. I should be surprised if the shop manger, if the establishment is part of a chain, survived the experience. Furthermore I would expect the local lads to give 'the heads up' to other Trading Standards officers to check that unfair practices were not the case across the entire organisation. If so then the nationals would feature the story.

About 15 years ago the Chairman of a chain of shops selling cheap jewellery admitted publicly that his organisation was selling junk. The concern went to the wall within a month.

Anybody who thinks that the Sale of Goods Act and the availability of the Small Claims Court in the UK are unnecessary or 'nannying' would in my opinion harbour criminal tendencies.

Very good explanation Bagwan.I hope that your post makes clear to those who minimized the facts how serious this should be taken.

I had a look in the shop today, the only TV in the place was the one in question, yeah its got a hefty price tag on it (on yup the model sticker is gooone from the back of it) but there was little advertising at something its not other than a price tag and to be honest the thing looks well used and im gunna guess here and say that it aint really for sale unless some idiot ponies up the coin and is more for display purposes for the crappy home theatre deal thats attached to it.

I had a look in the shop today, the only TV in the place was the one in question, yeah its got a hefty price tag on it (on yup the model sticker is gooone from the back of it) but there was little advertising at something its not other than a price tag and to be honest the thing looks well used and im gunna guess here and say that it aint really for sale unless some idiot ponies up the coin and is more for display purposes for the crappy home theatre deal thats attached to it.

Thanks for you report Spoonman but I would like to add little to your reply.The Lcd screen you saw was told to me by one of the sales persons that it was a new tv and that in the Sriracha branch they had many more.In the Sriracha branch again I was told that all the tv's on display,I think it were 8 pieces in total,were new items.And as I said already in the OP most of them I could identify as a lower spec model as what it was advertised for.

Edited by basjke

Thanks for you report Spoonman but I would like to add little to your reply.The Lcd screen you saw was told to me by one of the sales persons that it was a new tv and that in the Sriracha branch they had many more.In the Sriracha branch again I was told that all the tv's on display,I think it were 8 pieces in total,were new items.And as I said already in the OP most of them I could identify as a lower spec model as what it was advertised for.

i still dont understand why you drove to Sriracha, could you not find the one you wanted here in Pattaya ??

i still dont understand why you drove to Sriracha, could you not find the one you wanted here in Pattaya ??

I drove to Sriracha because they said they had a bigger choice overthere at discount prices and without going there I would not know what they had on offer.

I drove to Sriracha because they said they had a bigger choice overthere at discount prices and without going there I would not know what they had on offer.

Why did you go to Amorn in the first place, its hardly the most ideal joint to go TV shopping , surely you looked elsewhere first....Bizarre.

Why did you go to Amorn in the first place, its hardly the most ideal joint to go TV shopping , surely you looked elsewhere first....Bizarre.

I have no idea what you are up to with your questioning but in my opinion I buy a TV where I get the best deal,either that is at powerbuy or at the local butcher shop.On first view the tv's were a good deal but a closer view revealed that they were a rip off and in fact a criminal act.

only trying to get my head around your chosen shop for such a large purchase, which has obviously ended in tears, im just dumbstruck you went to Sriracha to confirm your tears..... if the TV was the actual one you wanted was 75K a good price ??

Edit: What is the model number you thought/expected it was so i can go look for myself at other joints in Pattaya.

Edited by Spoonman

OK gentlemen, I think we've just about done this to death, we are now very well educated about the sharp business practices that occur in many outlets in Thailand, very much Caveat Emptor.

I'm going to pull the plug on this thread and put it to bed.

If you have a good reason to re-open please PM me or any other mod or admin.

:)