Why I Will Not Post Here As A Doctor

uhuh

I am a medical doctor in Bangkok. I don't usually have the time to post here but 2 days ago someone asked a medical question here that I found I should answer.

I gave a professional answer, as would be expected.

My post (and the whole thread) has since disappeared, without trace and without comment.

I didn't post for fun but considered it as part of my profession, even if I didn't make any money from it. But I will not waste my efforts in an environment where my efforts are not protected.

So I will not post anymore.

Edited by uhuh

Unfortunately you reacted to a troll, whos only purpose was to wind up the members, cause arguments and generally be a pain in the a*se.

Unfortunate, but true.

Quite possible.

But in this case I would expect to be notified of the deletion, and if possible to be told the reason.

Unfortunately you reacted to a troll, whos only purpose was to wind up the members, cause arguments and generally be a pain in the a*se.

Unfortunate, but true.

Quite possible.

But in this case I would expect to be notified of the deletion, and if possible to be told the reason.

I am a primary care physician here in San Diego. I have chimed in from time to time when I have had a chance.

It's hard to keep doing clear differential diagnosis after you've been working all day.

Especially when you can't see the patient and aren't completly sure you are getting sufficient information.

Quite frankly after 5:00 I usually like to stop thinking about practicing medicine. Although it's not always possible.

There will always be trolls. Don't take it personally. Don't lose your sense of humor.

We are constantly under tremendous responsibility and liability in our profession. So sometimes we don't have patience for nonsense.

If you have the time, expertice and the interest. you're input should be considered as an invaluable resouce to this community... :o