Lavender Lanna Hotel // Powerboys

shepsel

Wow..weve gone from gay relations to bestiality! ..and they say the Chiang Mai forum is boring!

This cabaret show sounds like it could be fun. Im guessing its open to all right? (Dont want to have a NancyL experience :) )

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the feedback and good wishes. We always take constructive criticism to heart when it comes from actual customers and not those with hidden agendas. We also realize we cannot be all things to all people, but we work hard to create a good space for our customers, and we feel very fortunate that our business has done so well and is developing a very solid customer base. Our owners spend a lot of time talking to our actual customers and getting feedback from them.

Power Boys offers two cabaret shows a night at 10pm and 11:30pm. These are free shows open to all adults, and we always have ladies in the auidence, so everyone is welcome. We do have male dancers before and between the shows, and the shows do have one or two numbers in the shows with the male coyote dancers. So, by all means if you are comfortable with this, then check out the cabaret shows sometimes as they are well-produced with nice lighting and sound and big costumes. The nightclub itself is also an upscale venue with good seating, a nice drink list, and a great staff.

Our cabaret team, Lavender Cabaret, will be offering a cabaret only show at 7:30pm each night starting Dec 1. This show is in the same intimate theater venue as PBCM but is suitable for all ages and will be strictly a cabaret show in the same vein as Simon Cabaret but on a smaller scale. The price for this show is only 300 baht per entry but includes the first drink and tickets can be purchased at the door as long as we are not sold out as we only want to seat about 50-60 for this show each night to be sure everyone has great sight lines to the stage. You can call ahead for reservations though. It will be a good choice for anyone wanting a fun show without the male coyote dancers or the adult content that is part of the free Power Boys shows. You can check out the website for this soon at lavendercabaretcm.co.

So, try the always-changing free adult shows at 10pm or 11:30pm or the 7:30 show that is all glamour with no adult content. Our new roof top restaurant, Lavender Sky, is a great choice for before or after the show if you want to combine dinner and show. It is another good option for the CM scene for a fun night out.

Lavender Lanna Hotel

In forums like these, one must always be aware that there are various agendas at stake when posters comment on businesses and one should really check out a venue for yourself rather than relying on postings from some posters, especially when there seems to be a certain vehemence to the postings.

Words of wisom that apply to the whole Net. A lot of folks who are not very good at business are quite adept at hiding behind a phoney nickname and spreading rumors about competitors that they envy. :)

A few 100 M away from this hotel is an outdoor Thai style bar with gay customers and pleasing staff. Sitting there on a wooden stool banging glasses with a few fun local guys over a plate of fried rice and a few Leo's would be an altogether more enjoyable experience, and not because it's cheaper.

Where's this then? You mean Soho bar?

A few 100 M away from this hotel is an outdoor Thai style bar with gay customers and pleasing staff. Sitting there on a wooden stool banging glasses with a few fun local guys over a plate of fried rice and a few Leo's would be an altogether more enjoyable experience, and not because it's cheaper.

I'll guess he means due north.

Nope! Go straight across the intersecton/Lights after LL onto Hatsadisawee Rd, its about 100M down on the right before the sports hall. Bamboo hut type place with Karaoke, and a pile of katoeys and some fun guys. Good fun :D , you should check it out, but be warned its a very local style place :D The sign outside is in Thai only (Dton Fai or something similar - don't know if I transliterated that right). Run by some of the people from the old Doi Boy :) so take care.

In forums like these, one must always be aware that there are various agendas at stake when posters comment on businesses and one should really check out a venue for yourself rather than relying on postings from some posters, especially when there seems to be a certain vehemence to the postings.

I know one poster on this thread owns a competing business with one of the Lavender businesses and that he has been kicked off a number of gay forums for bashing this business to the point of being OTT.

Now I'm curious :D I don't know what's been written elsewhere, but I know most of the gay business owners in CM and many of the regular Gay CM posters on TV so I'm confused about who you are referring to. I haven't seen anything other than fair comment and justifiable criticism on this thread; TV does have some very good mods watching the CM forum :D Though I didn't see the posts that have been deleted, is that what you are referring to?

Or, Kevin from the Pink Lion? :D

A quick browse through peteinCM's TV posting history might also raise questions about his business interests and motives for posting this :)

They also have powerful friends up and down the line (never to be underestimated in Thailand).
Of course, for a farang that can be like putting your head in the lion's mouth :D That should never be underestimated in Thailand either! Edited by Paagai

Being an irregular visitor to CM, I went there recently and came across the hotel by chance. I visited Power Boys a couple of times and was most impressed. It's such a change from those God-awful bars near the night market and am glad they have closed or are closing down. The location of the hotel is good as I think Huay Kaew and Nimennhemman roads will become the centre for the more up-market gay scene in Cm. The signs are already there.

The show was good and frequent and I liked the free tequila after each show (still offered?).

The hotel restaurant was empty and the food not very good for the price, but the decor was nice. I look forward to visiting the roof-top restaurant on my next visit.

The staff at Power Boys were very pleasant and efficient, but the hotel lobby staff seemed to have been left to their own devices and had reverted to their Thai ways - like shouting and laughing across the lobby and constantly giggling on the phone. This. along with the lobby restaurant food and prices, seems the only things needing attention for me.

Good luck with the venture - CM has needed something like that for a long time and it's conveniently located for me.

you should check it out, but be warned its a very local style place :D The sign outside is in Thai only (Dton Fai or something similar - don't know if I transliterated that right). Run by some of the people from the old Doi Boy :) so take care.

You mean it's a place where an old Yorkshire faggot can't lurk around looking totally miserable, even if happy, and not wanting to say a word to anyone without some katoe remarking how miserable the old farang looks and why doesn't he want to talk to me? If so, forget it, I'll bugger off to Power Boys.

LL, so the first show is like a ladyboy cabaret? And subsequent shows would involve men dancing wearing diapers (or whatever it is they wear) but pretty much covered up then?

I'm wondering if it would be a good thing to try when having to entertain women around town.

As a sweeping generalisation gay bars are always good places to entertain straight women. Back in the UK my straight mates always took their girlfriends to the local gay bar. When asked why they said:

The only competition is from the local lesbians who usually have their own girlfriends in tow anyway

There's NEVER any 'why are you looking at my bird' aggro

If any gay bloke chats them up a simple 'I'm straight and here with the girlfriend' sorts thing out

And finally all you blokes who aren't QUITE sure can bring a girlfriend as disguise :)

I wish the Lavender Lanna all the best. They've obviously pumped some money into the hotel, nightclub and their promotion. Their website is well done and reflects a business that has clearly developed a plan, identifying their target market and fulfilling needs of their market. As a former marketing professional, I appreciate that. It's something that's often very lacking in Thai business.

Like others, I'm pleasantly surprised that the comments on this thread have remained constructive, with many suggestions that the LL mgt could take to heart.

I also appreciate the LL managements response to the thread and their comments that the nightclub offers a "very fun night of entertainment for almost anyone gay or straight". Hubby and I enjoy a night out and a well-done gay nightclub show certainly would be of interest. Actually, we haven't found too many "straight" night club shows here! The closest was the entertainment at the recent Zonta benefit party.

We enjoy an occasional drink at the Garden Bar of the Lotus Hotel. It's a very pretty setting and the staff is always welcoming, even to an older straight couple. I wish I could say the same about the pretty gay bar very close to LL on Huey Kaew. Hubby and I went there one evening and were pretty much asked to leave. Well not directly, but a staffer who spoke English as a first language said we'd like it better at the Lemon Tree down the street! That was before we'd even attempted to order. Now every time we walk past Hubby points it out as the place where I was thrown out of the bar! The LL posting on this thread leads me to believe I won't be thrown out, at least not before I get rowdy!

Thoughtful, funny and lovely post!

Words of wisom that apply to the whole Net. A lot of folks who are not very good at business are quite adept at hiding behind a phoney nickname and spreading rumors about competitors that they envy. :)

Amen. But isn't it true that everyone has a point of view? Even book sellers?

Amen. But isn't it true that everyone has a point of view? Even book sellers?

Everyone has a point of view regardless of their occupation...

I happened to have made two rare trips along Huey Kaew Rd in the last two days. On Friday evening I attended a wedding at Amari Rincome, and this afternoon I took the family to the Zoo (I was hoping that they might make me an offer to develop some new attractions but nothing materialised - so as they say, 'I counted them in and I counted them out again' :) ).

Both trips involved me passing the Lavendar hotel. What crossed my mind was 'why all the fuss?'. I had to point out to my wife that the old Sri Tokyo hotel had been re-developed but otherwise there was nothing else that stood out about the place. Sure, I was driving so I didn't see a great deal, but otherwise what would I have seen? It looked like a hotel to me. What goes on inside, I don't know, but from passing by it didn't appear any different to any other place. The only reason I mention this is that some posts suggested that it was a local scandal that this place was in such a high-profile location, and that maybe it was alright if it was hidden down some back-street somewhere. As I said, it didn't stand out any differently than any other new hotel might have done.  Did I miss something? 

Edited by KevinHunt

A nice niche to be in, would you say? :D

What's that? Boy whores?

Do you harbor this hostility towards all whores, or just boy whores? :)

I don't harbor hostility towards whores of any gender, as I'm aware it's largely a byproduct of poverty. Those that cash in on that situation, yes, I feel a little hostility towards them.

Anyhow, I've promised a mod that I'll give it a rest. Carry on.

Edited by lannarebirth

I don't harbor hostility towards whores of any gender, as I'm aware it's largely a byproduct of poverty. Those that cash in on that situation, yes, I feel a little hostility towards them.

Anyhow, I've promised a mod that I'll give it a rest. Carry on.

Having been friends with quite a few sex workers, and known their families, I would have to question the accuracy your statement that their choice of occupation was "a byproduct of poverty". But maybe that belongs in its own thread.

A nice niche to be in, would you say? :)

What's that? Boy whores?

You just can't resist spewing your spite, can you?

You've had one post deleted here already where you made a totally uncalled for bitchy sneer at a quite innocent poster, if you don't like the LL so be it. Just stop all the abuse and innuendo.

One of my in-laws has been hospitalized at Chiang Mai Ram for the past week and his visitors have reported that the boredom of the hospital room has been greatly alleviated by being able to watch the fashion show at the Lavender pool side. The gentleman wearing the neon green Speedos was quite the hit.

One of my in-laws has been hospitalized at Chiang Mai Ram for the past week and his visitors have reported that the boredom of the hospital room has been greatly alleviated by being able to watch the fashion show at the Lavender pool side. The gentleman wearing the neon green Speedos was quite the hit.
Well at least he was wearing a Speedo.

Since a number of posters are either thick or pretending to be, I should remind posters explicitly at this point that it is not permitted to harass Thaivisa's sponsors on Thaivisa. You may ask questions or post suggestions, which may even be of a reasonably critical nature, but when this becomes stalking/harassment/bashing (at the mods'/admins' discretion) it will be stopped. Better for you not to be the one who crosses that line.

So can we please have no further comments about what the consequences of being a Thaivisa sponsor would be on this thread, or they will earn warnings. I hope I have been clear enough.