Bryan Robson

bangkok blue

Tell ya what the passion that Robson showed from the sidelines tonight in this Asia cup qualifier was amazing.

Thailand put in one of the best performances I've ever seen, against a Singapore side that has been there bogey team in recent years.

Hope he sees the job through, with that sort of passion they could well be a threat in the Asia cup in Qatar come 2011.

Encouraging.

Thats good news to hear, I hope that all works out well with this partnership.

He is not a favourite of mine ,but times change and move on, we all deserve another chance.

Nice one.

I,m in Singapore next week but have missed this game.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/spo...1018261/1/.html

I will try harder to see the second leg.......ironically from Singapore.

Edited by soihok

Well, it seems Khun Robson's managerial career is following its usual trajectory!

But result apart, a thoroughly enjoyable evening out in the company of some very passionate Thai fans who created a great atmosphere in support of their team.

In terms of getting there, I took some advice from Google and got a cab from Thong Lor - no great problem, Ekkamai would've been better still.

Coming back no sign of a taxi for about an hour and even then the driver had to be bribed to take me back to Sukhumvit, but no big worries. Thoroughly reccoment a Thailand game to anyone - quite a few groups and individual farrangs, who were given a warm welcome by the locals.

I believe you can get the Klong Saen Saeb express boat from Pratunam that takes you quite near the stadium. Would need a tuk-tuk to get from the pier to the stadium, but no traffic jams on the canal, so it should be quite quick. Boats could be crowded though.