Help Needed With Zyxel P-660hw T1 V2

cykomiko

Hi all,

I recently bought a Zyxel P-660HW t1 v2 to replace the Huaweii 880 that TTT provided me 2 years ago with my premier subscription. I just wanted to setup a wireless home network, which works fine now.

Problem 1

I can't forward my ports (for Utorrent): When I login the 192.168.1.1 page, there is no options under the "status" tab, so I can't change any of the modem settings. Screenshots on websites show several tabs with the usual network, security, advanced, etc... tabs.

Even simple port forwarding which I had success with in the past won't work neither.

Problem 2

Firefox shows "timeout" messages for nearly each page I open while Utorrent is running. It needs several refresh to load the page that then loads very fast... I know any torrent app is supposed to slow down internet connection, but this did not happen with that Huaweii 880 before! And the laptop on the wireless network loads pages just fine!!

Am I completely forgetting something? Is there any secret to unlock the modem, should I just not bother and change for another model?

Any help is appreciated

Mic

(Chiangmai)

Hey, thanks again for the tips.

That said, my problem occurs much prior to setting a static IP... If only i was there...

The thing is I do not have the option of that Advanced or wizard screen that is shown on the True page. This is the one I get:

post-51558-1258295391_thumb.png

As I said, this is not the modem I got in the Maxnet package, I bought it recently; so maybe they don't give permission to another modem to access advanced settings?

Sorry, this is frustrating and I don't want to bother everybody with it...

Cheers,

mic

Plug the router into the power socket and turn on its power. Press the little reset button at the rear of the router for 10 seconds, while power on, and release. The router will reset to factory default settings and the Wizard should appear when you log in.

Edited by trogers

It seems the whole menu tree is missing. Can you click on the name of the Router in blue on the screen given?

If not then it seems the router has been modified to prevent you from doing so.

On mine I go to NAT, then SUA only then I can open the ports.

It seems the whole menu tree is missing. Can you click on the name of the Router in blue on the screen given?

If not then it seems the router has been modified to prevent you from doing so.

On mine I go to NAT, then SUA only then I can open the ports.

Here we go, i can't click on anything except that packet statistics link (Bottom right) that brings a pop up window with an error message. The menu... has no menu.

I tried to reset the thing as well. Nothing works.

Well, I must pay my bill, so I'll try to ask the guys at Maxnet.

I'll keep tou posted...

cheers

This happens when you input a wrong password. I have a Zixel too.

If you don't know your password you can reset the router, if you know how to set it again. Username and provider password and other settings.

Sorry, I kinda skipped your post... Thanks! I've rebooted already, but maybe I keep entering a wrong password? I'll try again..

Cheers

OK, SOLVED!!!!

Thanks guys, I was a muppet.... I thought I reset already, but actually, you need the "plug-turn on-THEN reset" to actually do it. I was just pressing the thing for 10 secs, and of course it didn't work.

Got the screen, got the settings, ports forwarded, topic closed.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that in this thread there are quite a view people having troubles getting the port forward to work stable on a P-660H-T1 V2 (no wireless). I can't believe that hardware and/or software is so different besides the wireless part.

cykomiko, do you achieve good performance on your setup? What is the maximum number of connections you have configured ('global maximum number of connections' in uTorrent)? Which firmware do you use.

Maybe you can help out the guys on the other thread!?

welo

• 8 months later...

I have same model and only physical ports 1 and 2 can connect Internet. Ports 3 and 4 gets same kind of ip (192.168.1.x) but internet and LAN aint work with those. Any solutions?

Something in this thread about TRUE reserving ports 3 and 4

Maybe you can upgrade the firmware? There have been many threads on this router, quite a few recently, which have links to TRUE's and Zyxel's firmware update websites. Personally I'd go with the Zyxel firmware update.

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_id=221

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/P-660H-T1_v2/firmware/P-660H-T1%20v2_3.40(ALA.1)C0.zip

Thanks for reply! So True is reserving those ports.. I tried to update firmware but managed to do it only with TRUes own installer, with True modified firmware I guess so ports are still unusable. Firmware upgrade manually crashes every time. Is there any ways to get those ports 3 and 4 working or do I need to buy one more router to get LAN working with three computers? 

Thanks for reply! So True is reserving those ports.. I tried to update firmware but managed to do it only with TRUes own installer, with True modified firmware I guess so ports are still unusable. Firmware upgrade manually crashes every time. Is there any ways to get those ports 3 and 4 working or do I need to buy one more router to get LAN working with three computers? 

You might contact TRUE to see if they have a solution, or ask them for a new router (tell them you need 4 ethernet ports) or buy your own unit.

Are you running any TRUE software (Hi-Speed Navigator) on your PC?

You were unable to load the Zyxel firmware?

Is there anything in the router's management system where you can see limits on the two ethernet ports?

• 5 months later...

Here is how to open all the ports on this router.

Connect to it using a Telnet client such as putty. Connect to 192.168.1.1 and use "admin" for a password. Then in the putty window type the following:

sys tripleplay portbase disable

sys tripleplay portbase save

After the first command (if you did it correctly) you will get the following response.

"Port based policy is disabled."

Then after the second command it will return to a command line after the save is complete. You now have all four ports available for your LAN.

Also, there is a firmware updater utility on True's website. The current version will bring the firmware to "V3.40(BEC.4)". Before the upgrade my router was running "V3.40(BEC.0)". This is only one version older than the unlocked firmware on Zyxel's website. It added some new protocol called "Annex_M" which seems to boost the download speed of the DSL. The utility must be run on a Windows XP computer. It doesn't work on other versions of Windows. Here is the link to download the firmware from True's support website.

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_id=221

Note: After the update my router kept resetting so after a few times I turned it off. The updater said the firmware update was complete so I felt 80% safe doing this. After turning it back on it came back up no problem and it had the newer firmware. Also, any previous settings are saved so you don't have to set it up again. When it powers back up it will be just as it was with newer firmware. Also, if you have already disabled the port policy (see my post above) that is also carried forward into the upgrade.

Edited by jackbox