Thailand-philipines

jedeye

greetings to all-although registered in 2007 with only 3 posts so far im a relative 'newbie'...Hi to all-regulars or non :D . Ive been back in London over 2 years now & am glad to say will soon be returning to L.O.S :D . Im planning to take a short (1 month) side trip to Philippines for scuba diving in Jan/Feb-i wonder if anyone knows of 'budget flight tickets' to ,say,Manila from BKK or indeed other Thai airports...Air Asia only fly there from Malaysia @ 1500-1600 baht which is the kind of price that fits my budget...flights i have found direct BKK-Manila are around 250 euros-simply not an option for me.Thanks for any advice you can give :)

CEBU PACIFIC probably the cheapest, PAL and Kuwait Air have cheapos too, but usually only for stays of no longer than 8 or 14 days.

AIR ASIA is planning to fly from BKK to CLARK somewhere early next year, but no fixed date has been announced for that yet.

to get a one-way from KUL to Clark for 1.500/1.600 THB on AirAsia you have to be VERY LUCKY or book VERY EARLY, usually the flights from KUL to Clark are quite expensive !

and forget such fares for BKK - MNL or Clark (at least as long as AirAsia doesn't start flying from BKK to there)

Edited by siam2007

I did a KUL to CRK and back via AirAsia recently. The low fares for advance booking are definitely available (I know 'cuz I snagged them, myself).

You might also consider AirAsia's direct flights to Tawau (from KUL) where you're only a short boat ride away from what is prolly some of the best diving in the world: Sipadan. A better choice than the P.I., IMHO.

nice one folks i'll check out the links you suggest-i just realised i made a mistake when checking fares on airasia-the fare i found was (one way) from Kota Kinabalu not Kuala Lumpur & was before the tax-the correct price would be a few baht shy of 2000 THB-double that for return...Ballzafire i hear what you're saying-it's because i got a cheap deal from a dive operator in La Union (San Fernando) @US$800 for the instuctor course-although i haven't looked into it yet, i'll warrant Philippines will be a fair bit cheaper all round than Malaysia...? & being a tight mofo on a budget,i likes cheapies :) -tho the more i look at it the more i realise i will spend that saving on the course just getting there anyway-might end up going back to Koh Tao :D