Plants Of Thailand

Thaicoon

In Thailand there are certain Plants that control pests, Snakes in particular, also insects like ants, Somebody told me if you have Bamboo, Cobras will not come near, but the trouble with Bamboo, is the Bamboo Viper loves it, lemongrass is another plant that controls certain things.

Does anybody know which plants can control pests. as i would like to plant these in my Garden in issarn.

Thanks Guys......................................

lemon grass as u say is most useful, as most snakes, centepedes mossys etc dont seem to like it, (according to local info). when i lived in a small hut in middle of tiny village nearest neighbour 1.5k i planted the stuff all round the property. Kept everything away at ground level, of course the 3 snakes i had living in the bathroom decided not to leave and the scorpians didnt seem to worry about it and i can only presume the poison centepedes i frequently found came through the gap where 2 plants died...? I bought a hammer for the centepedes as once bitten twice flat is my moto on them. The scorpions i used to fling over the wall, the snakes were non poison type so we had mutual understanding when it came to showing and toileting! :o

Thaicoon, A neighbor has been getting quite a few cobras in her yard the last week buyt every time I get there they've all been chopped up. I can see thenm killing them as they are a threat but they chop them up so much there's nothing left to do anything with. All women though, so I guess they don't stop chopping until it stops moving. lol. Have to make a trip up your way to see the place and see if I can catch a few.

Cheers,

Kringle