Settle argument

Can anybody tell me if it is possible for any old farang ie a person without a business , special privaleges etc. to own land in thailand 100 percent.

I had a converation with a german tonight who assures me any farang can own , outright , upto 1 rai of land .Is this correct ?

Are you just looking for somebody to support your view point? I don't know the answer, but I have the impression that you will now go back to this chap and say, "Somebody else agreed with me, therefore what I say must be true."

Ask someone who is qualified, rather than post your question on a world-wide basis, just seeking the answer that you require.

Scouse.

Are you just looking for somebody to support your view point? I don't know the answer, but I have the impression that you will now go back to this chap and say, "Somebody else agreed with me, therefore what I say must be true."

Ask someone who is qualified, rather than post your question on a world-wide basis, just seeking the answer that you require.

Scouse.

The reason i posted the question on here is because i know there are people who regularly contribute on this board that know the answer.People that deal with company formation,visa regs etc.And also people mainly the administrators who will no doubt have come across this question before.

So please scouse less of the patronising replies.You dont know me but am not the sort of person who is just seeking the answer i require.I am seeking the right answer.

I get the impression you are the sort of person that feels the need to butt into someones conversation to make yourself heard for the sake of it without actually saying anything of value. :o

I had a converation with a german tonight who assures me any farang can own , outright , upto 1 rai of land .Is this correct ?

Perhaps the German tells everyone this as he's looking to 'sell' a Rai to anyone that swallows the tale. It's cheap because blah, blah, blah...

Just another bullshit merchant propping up the bar :o

Can anybody tell me if it is possible for any old farang ie a person without a business , special privaleges etc. to own land in thailand 100 percent.

Just tell him, Alte flaumer do kiene anung or do alte sau do bis farook.  This should be ok. Maybe even tell him swine hound halt de clappa.

Perhaps the German tells everyone this as he's looking to 'sell' a Rai to anyone that swallows the tale. It's cheap because blah, blah, blah...

Just another bullshit merchant propping up the bar :o

No hes actually a very nice chap considering he is not only German but a policeman as well.He has been coming here for many years now and for some reason had got it into his head that he could own 1 rai of land.I was pretty sure he was wrong but wanted to find out for his sake because i know for a fact his thai wife has been seeing another bloke while the poor blokes been here so he is being misinformed and made to look a stupid about many things .So for his sake maybe in the future it may stop him being tricked somehow.