Stolen Red Sticker

dunder

Hi.. When I came down to the garage someone had released the screws on my licence plate and stolen the red sticker from my bike (the one with some year on it). Since I don't even know what this sticker is good for I have no idea what I am supposed to do to get a new one:) I figure it is some kind of evidence that tax and/or insurance is paid for.. Nevermind.. Anyone knows what I have to do now?

Peace

Johan

It is most likely your tax sticker. First you need a Police report saying it was stolen. Can be gotten at a police station and some police boxes. Take the police report along with the book on the bike and Insurance papers as well as your passport (If bike in your name) to the transportation office and get another one.

Mine fell off my bike on a run and I had to do all this. Ended up also paying the police 100 baht to do the paperwork quick as he was dragging his feet until I showed the 100 baht. Believe it does cost 20 baht not sure.

Dan

Others may shoot my advice down as normal on this website but this is what I had to or did do and all was ok.

Just FYI - I don't attach mine to the bike, just keep it with me. Never had a problem about it. Only been asked for it once or twice over the years when stopped, not a problem as long as its in hand.

That is sound advice. I've had a few registered and insured big bikes in the Middle East. In Oman there is no requirement for labels to be fitted, as labels are not issued. As long as you have your registration/insurance card on your person if stopped, all is good. I used to have labels holders get long term UV exposure in Australia and entemutally fall off through vibration. Keeping it on your person makes sense.

Just FYI - I don't attach mine to the bike, just keep it with me. Never had a problem about it. Only been asked for it once or twice over the years when stopped, not a problem as long as its in hand.

I tried doing this as I simply didnt like sticking it anywhere..

But multiple bikes, I was always walking out and either forgetting it, or carrying the wrong one. In the end I found neater ways to put them on that looked ok.