Golf Course For A Single Player In Bangok?

tonititan

Hello golfers,

I'm looking for suggestions and I'm hoping someone out there can help. My father is coming to visit me in Bangkok in January, and I'd like to surprise him by reserving him a tee time and making the necessary arrangements for him to golf when he's here. He lives in a cold climate and will be thrilled to be able to play golf anytime before April! :) I need a course that:

1. is within an hour or so of Bangkok

2. has clubs to rent for the day

3. has procedures for placing a single golfer with other small groups

4. ideally has golf carts to rent...he's not getting any younger :D

This will probably be on a weekday, so hopefully that will help because the crowds won't be so bad. Any suggestions please?

Somewhere such as Summit Windmills just past Bangna (30mins from central bkk) might suit your needs.

As its a busy course it is more likely than not that a single player will be asked to join another 2 or 3 ball - However, if its quiet he may still end up playing the round on his own.

To answer your questions:

• There is a large number of courses within 1 hr of Bangkok - try looking at the website 'Thai golfer . com'

• Virtually all the courses offer club rental (usually about 6-800 baht).

• Regarding procedures to join other golfers - I'm not aware of anything superficially in place. Single players are asked to join up if its busy on that particular day.

• Most if not all the decent courses have golf carts (usually at 6-800 baht per round) Again. try the website 'Thai golfer . com'...

There often seem to be members of this forum who are looking for a playing partner.... keep your eyes open and you might find your father a group to play in...

Thanythani Home on the Green Golf Course in Lamluka (about 10 minutes from Don Muang)

Monday and Friday's are sports day and a round of golf is only 600 baht.

Golf Cart 600 Baht

Caddie Fee 120 baht no including customary caddie tip after the round of 200+ baht

The course is excellent and very challenging

If you show up as a single, the starter will match you with others of same age or capability so you do not have to play alone

As far as club rentals, I don't know what kind of quality you would get, maybe not good

I live in Thanyathani and could set your dad up with a set for the whole time he is here.

I have one brand new graphite set never even used, all name brand from USA

I have over 200 individual clubs as well, Cleveland Wedges, Callaway, Taylormade, Ping, Nike you name it.

If anyone else is looking for clubs I have a Callaway USA set of Callaway Fusion Irons with steel Shafts 3-SW, Callaway Staff Golf Bag, Callaway Forged Wedges 52, 56, 50, Callaway Driver, Brand new Callaway Putter 33", can throw in fairway wood or rescue clubs 16,000thb. Like new condition. Various Cleveland wedges and individual clubs PM me

I would recommend the Bangkok Golf Club, it's about a one hour drive north of Bangkok, I always go by taxi. Taxi's as you know aren't expensive.

I've gone to this club twice on my own and each time was put with one or two others. Each time was great, one time they put me with two retired gentlemen, one 72 and the other 78, both good players for their age.

They have rental clubs and golf carts.

Hi

I organise a golf group for every Wednesday morning - mainly retired English expats. We play Bangkok Golf Club 3 out of 4 Wednesdays in the month - tee-off at 8am - the other Wednesday at a near Bangkok course. He would be very welcome to join us - rent clubs at the course - plus green fee of 900 baht and caddy 250 baht.

Let me know.