Theft

outside20

I am concerned for my belongings that aren't bolted down and some that are.

On Tuesday, one of my close friends received a phone call late at night from her family telling her that there was someone prowling around outside their house(she wasn't staying at home). Luckily for them they were armed, so if it had led to a home invasion they might have stood a chance. The next day, the noodle shop in front of their house reported that their cooking gas container had been stolen.

Last night my brother in-law, who has some construction equipment, had three batteries stolen out of three different dump trucks. The trucks are parked in an open garage on a well lit moderately busy street next to his house. Three large batteries are heavy and awkward to move around, but are, as my wife tells me, easy to sell.

My close friend's family lives a good thirty kilometers from where I and my brother in-law do, so I doubt that these thefts are related. I wonder are these thefts thefts of opportunity or are they planned. Up until this time I have left motorcycles and tools out in the open, because I thought that I lived in a very safe and secure area. Now, I'm not too sure and have begun taking steps to reduce my chances of being a victim. Has anyone else had any experiences lately of things being stolen?

I have been the victim of burglary, the latest being last year.

The basic answer is to make yourself as secure as you can with high quality locks on all doors and bars on all windows.

Outside lights are also a good deterrent and consider a guard dog.

Finally, take out a comprehensive policy with reputable insurer.

Yes,have had some theft from in and around my property lately,been in bangkok for the last few months,but before that when at home in songklar province about 20 kms from the border of nst province,have had lorry wheels,battery's and other car parts go missing,from my brother in laws buisiness,which is right next door to my home.

Also had a friends motorbike stolen from outside my family's home next door recently,which was later recovered,due to our own detective work,at a nearby scrapyard,and the thief finally caught! A rare success.

Have to say that all these thefts happened in the early hours of the morning,so the advice given earlier of good locks,security lights and a guard dog are right.My previous guard dog did an excellent job,slept all day and awake all night! Only problem was someone poisened him,so need to get a replacement.

But generally people do seem to be on the lookout for what to steal,just keep a look out,and buy a decent gun to protect yourself and your property.

Be lucky.

Lived in Khanom and Sichon for 3 years now, never had anything stolen.

We don't have any fence and park our car and motorbike in our open carport....

Also never heard about anytning stolen from others in this area....

But of course, someday we will be victims too....same same never matter where you live in the world, no?