Cheap But Good Hotel In Bangkok Near Nightlife?

tvh13

I'll be arriving for my first stay in Bangkok this Friday.

I wonder if someone can recommend a quiet-ish hotel that is close to the nightlife in the city?

I'm planning on staying throught the weekend and want to do some typical tourist stuff by day and nightlife (clubs, bars) at night.

I am a guy if that matters for location and would like something on the less expensive side but is clean. Internet would be a welcome bonus.

Thanks.

if you are only for a few nights and want to see touristy places, than try khaosan rd, which is close to the old town and the river.

hundreds of guesthouses and small hotels, check rather off the khaosan rd, which is noisy and pricey, for example on phra athit, by the river

I lived in Bangkok however any entertainment area is really not 'quietish', unless you choose to stay in a 4-5 star hotel with total

insulation.

as the commenter suggested, Sukhumvit 10 area is nice; as well as Sukhumvit 3 ~ 22 will have plenty of entertainments

around.

brouse www.asiatravel.com (tab Thailand - sub-tab Bangkok, Sukhumvit / Silom / Sathorn area) to get an idea of pricing of hotels)

http://www.dynastyinn.com/ Can not beat the location or service.

I used to stay in the Soi 4 Bangkok (Nana) Dynasty Inn. The last time I was given a VERY small and somewhat shabby room in the back building and charged 1,450 baht. There are some much better rooms there but that certainly wasn't one of them. I would suggest that you look at the room before paying.

A better choice is the Nana City Inn further up the Soi on the same side and the Dynasty. Bigger room and cheaper, about 900 baht.

foy.jpg

http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

That's my favourite on Sukhumvit, although I could not tell you about Internet access, although I could only afford the upstairs rooms, a/c, CWS, which were around 550thb + 50 thb vat or therebouts if I remember September 2006. The first storey was for the more salubrious rooms with all the HBO and added extras, although there's a VERY stric policy on late night visitors; basically do not monger there.

It's the street up from Nana through the Rajah Hotel carpark to Sukh. Soi 2 and it's down at the south-west end next door to the Calvery Baptist church, so you won't have too far to travel on Sunday mornngs 9-).

It's got a fairly interesting history that you might want to read up on at their website or in the Lonely Planet. There must be hundreds of 600 thb/night w/air rooms around this end of Sukhumvit, but the Atlanta has a bit of charm about it IMHO.

Admiral Premier

Bt2,200 per night inclusive of buffet breakfat for 2.

15 mins walk to MRT or BTS stations at Asoke

10 mins walk to Soi Cowboy and 25 mins walk to the clubs and bars along Sukhumvit Soi 9-19.

http://www.admiralpremier.com/z1041/promot...CFU8wpAodnzB9lw

Room has nice balcony with city view while surfing on your laptop.

Edited by trogers

Honey Hotel Soi 19 is a good place to stay ideal for Soi Cowboy Rooms are from 900 baht with a brekkie but you will have to pay if your companion wants brekkie

My old time favorite great location for Soi Cowboy and even Nana all within a colorful fifteen minute walk. Skytrain and underground all within five minutes walk.

Honey Hotel Soi 19 is a good place to stay ideal for Soi Cowboy Rooms are from 900 baht with a brekkie but you will have to pay if your companion wants brekkie

I was going to say the same, great hotel for the price :)

Ok Honey Hotel it is! Thanks. Anyone around tomorrow evening for a drink? I'm American been traveling for a few months now in India and Nepal new to Thailand. Good for conversation and a laugh or two.

Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort Bangkokwww.hotelworaburi.com

128/1 Sukhumvit Soi 4 Bangkok, KLONGTOEY 10110

Thailand

+66 2 656 7029

This is a good hotel, 600baht on any decent hotel discount site, for a room for 2 with breaky for 2, free shuttle bus to nana BTS, down the road from nana plaza. On a street lines with bars.

Edited by waza

Hi Waza

There is no way you can get a room at the Woraburi for 600bt is there?

I stayed there a cuple of times and the cheapest I paid was 1250 inc.

If there are website for 600bt I woud certainly like to know one as I would defo stay there again for that!!!

cheers

I saw a price of 995 baht advertised on hotel booking.com earlier this year and I thought that was cheap having paid 1300-1500 previously.

I reckon thats a fair price for the location and pool but the brekkie was poor.

No way for 600baht.

Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel & Resort Bangkokwww.hotelworaburi.com

128/1 Sukhumvit Soi 4 Bangkok, KLONGTOEY 10110

Thailand

+66 2 656 7029

This is a good hotel, 600baht on any decent hotel discount site, for a room for 2 with breaky for 2, free shuttle bus to nana BTS, down the road from nana plaza. On a street lines with bars.

I just clicked on the Woraburi, the cheapest room is 1300 + baht a night.. Plus I'm lazy, too far to walk to Nana plaza... :)

• 1 month later...
http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

That's my favourite on Sukhumvit, although I could not tell you about Internet access, although I could only afford the upstairs rooms, a/c, CWS, which were around 550thb + 50 thb vat or therebouts if I remember September 2006. The first storey was for the more salubrious rooms with all the HBO and added extras, although there's a VERY stric policy on late night visitors; basically do not monger there.

It's the street up from Nana through the Rajah Hotel carpark to Sukh. Soi 2 and it's down at the south-west end next door to the Calvery Baptist church, so you won't have too far to travel on Sunday mornngs 9-).

It's got a fairly interesting history that you might want to read up on at their website or in the Lonely Planet. There must be hundreds of 600 thb/night w/air rooms around this end of Sukhumvit, but the Atlanta has a bit of charm about it IMHO.

Pretty blunt sort of Caveat there.

http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/caveat.php

If there is the slightest chance of entertaining at the hotel, best book elsewhere!

Edited by laphroaig

Forget the Atlanta after the old Austrian guy died and I think his son took over it is the Gestapole there and It just isn't that nice, even for the price.

When the soi4 Woraburi first opened you could get a room for 500 baht but once the elevator went in the prices went up there. I like the place the staff always treated me nice and never a problem with girlfriend, never anything taken from the room.It is a bit noisey with the tile on all surfaces.

• 9 months later...

Thanks to Bigbadvoodoman for the Paradiso recommendation on the corner of Sukhumvit and soi 10 - tried it last night. Like you I stay in that area a lot with and without my wife and you have found a gem I believe.

Standard 1,500 baht rooms at the Paradiso are a bit cramped (23sq m) but the kingsize beds are v comfortable and the facilities (coffee, water, safe, free wifi, big flatscreens with wide movie/sport choice, bath accessories, nice linens) are excellent and cupboard space is good. The well-equipped bathroom is smallish but not cramped and has a good size walk-in shower.

Very clean and modern, unlike Dynasty Inn which I have used a lot before - Dynasty has bigger rooms but god is that hotel getting shabby or what? Dynasty Inn is full of people who have used it for years and have just not twigged that a whole lot of nice clean modern well lit reasonably priced hotels have opened up in the area in the last 3 years. Rooms at Dynasty Inn are cheaper (1,280 baht) but no free brekkie and no wifi - not even if you pay them! (very odd in this day and age). Yes I know Dynasty has a new block recently opened, but the rates are 1,780 which takes it out of the 'cheaper' category in my view. Dynasty's sister hotel The Dawin 400 meters further into soi 4 is cleaner and lighter and similar to Paradiso, but at 1,980? No thanks.

If you want bigger rooms (huge) and a pool then Dynasty Inn Grande in soi 6 is a reliable clean and reasonably modern choice, but that is now starting to look expensive at 2,280 with no breakfast.

Close to soi Cowboy, Darjelling Hotel on soi 18 but only 20 metres from Sukhumvit is a lot like Paradiso. Same price as Paradiso too (1,300 without window, 1,400 with twin beds)

I must try out some more of the hotels in the 800 to 1200 baht range someday to see whether I pay too much unnecessarily - but I was put off by staying in Nana Hotel once when I was diverted to their overflow hotel further into soi 4. Cheap but horrible (dingy, cockroaches - yuk).

Will try Honey Hotel and Cozy at Ten before thinking I have the final answer on hotels in lower Sukhumvit, but for now Paradiso, Darjelling and Dynasty Inn Grande are my choices.

[All rates above are for out-of-season and most will be flipping onto high season rates now - add 200 to 300 baht. All the above hotels are companion friendly, so probably not ideal for families with inquisitive kids or hostile wives :rolleyes:]

Edited by SantiSuk

http://www.dynastyinn.com/ Can not beat the location or service.

Grand Dynasty around the corner is nicer BUT 2,500 baht or so.

Better deal is the Crown along the same road at the end of the Dynasty. 1,000-1,200 OLD hotel but perfect location and good wifi. Easy access to sky train and highway. You get to look down on the action at the BJ bar if ur on the right side near the front of the hotel :-)

Been staying there since the 80's when it was only 350 baht and take it from me they have not done anything to the rooms!!!

when in BKK we always stay at the Ambassador Hotel. it is listed as a 4 star hotel(in my opinion closer to 3), a standard room lists for 1,742 bth at Agoda, there will be a small additional amount in tax , it is a Block away from the Nana sky train station, clean and quiet, the service is always excellent.Dont know about the night life, since i am married and have not being involved in that life style for a long time, but since it is close to Nana station it is close to all entertainment, and has easy access to the city .

Good Luck, and have fun :)