Henry Handball

rixalex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sepp Blatter and his giggling yet pompous, sniggering yet sneering, smirking and oily performance during the week at the Soccerex conference, where he ridiculed the FAI's request to be invited to the World Cup in South Africa next year as the 33rd team.

Words fail me with this individual. :)

There was a BBC Panorama programme a year or so ago where a well known, experienced reporter, whose name I cant recall was pursuing Blatter like a bloodhound. Seems Mr Blatter retains power by having a certain number of delegates from obsure places like Jamaica propping up his leadership. Panorama are renowned for pretty insightful investigations and the corruption and bribery allegations ,within the organisation, were detailed and backed up with evidence. Whether threatened legal action from Blater held up proceedings Im not sure but surely the time has come for world football to get rid of this clown. Realistically that will not happen until after the World Cup but it cant come soon enough.

Sepp Blatter and his giggling yet pompous, sniggering yet sneering, smirking and oily performance during the week at the Soccerex conference, where he ridiculed the FAI's request to be invited to the World Cup in South Africa next year as the 33rd team.

There was a BBC Panorama programme a year or so ago where a well known, experienced reporter, whose name I cant recall was pursuing Blatter like a bloodhound. Seems Mr Blatter retains power by having a certain number of delegates from obsure places like Jamaica propping up his leadership. Panorama are renowned for pretty insightful investigations and the corruption and bribery allegations ,within the organisation, were detailed and backed up with evidence. Whether threatened legal action from Blater held up proceedings Im not sure but surely the time has come for world football to get rid of this clown. Realistically that will not happen until after the World Cup but it cant come soon enough.

it goes back years man. have a read of this: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/issue...,676083,00.html

then google blatter and ISL.

he's a hel_l of a politician and not in the slightest a real football man is old sepp.

You're thinking of that Jack whatever his name is Mr S..

Jack Warner maybe, Trinidad or Barbados or one of the Caribbean Islands ??

You're thinking of that Jack whatever his name is Mr S..

Jack Warner maybe, Trinidad or Barbados or one of the Caribbean Islands ??

yeah jack warner, he's head of concacaf and from trinidad and tobago. think he's also an MP there. before the 06 world cup he ordered shedloads of match tickets from fifa for partners, sponsors and the like and then sold them all for a massive profit through his son's ticketing agency. allegedly.

he's still nowhere near as bent as blatter though.

• 1 month later...

Henry has escaped any punishment for the handball. So Blatter is happy Platini is happy and who gives a fiddlers f... about Ireland. If the positions were reversed I wonder would the Irish player in question been banned for a game or two. :)

So Le Cheat gets away with it.

Henry's defence argued successfully that Fifa's disciplinary code does not give the committee the ability to punish such incidents, something the committee accepted.

"Handling the ball cannot be regarded as a serious infringement as stipulated in the Fifa disciplinary code," said a statement.

If Fifa felt they could deal with the Eduardo case on the basis of simulation (albeit subsequently deciding they could not prove it), what is the difference here where it was blatant and obvious (cheating)!

Hope he gets the full wrath from the terraces in South Africa.

Henry has escaped any punishment for the handball. So Blatter is happy Platini is happy and who gives a fiddlers f... about Ireland. If the positions were reversed I wonder would the Irish player in question been banned for a game or two. :)

The classic PR stunt. Henry was never going to be punished. I will,reluctantly, give him the benefit of the doubt on the first hand ball but the second no way in the world . A shameful episode in the games history.

A shameful episode in the games history.

Quite. And from one of the most unlikely culprits.

Henry was for many years my favourite player outside of my own club. The player i would have sacrificied a testicle to bring to my club.

No more.

My testicles are safe.

A shameful episode in the games history.

Quite. And from one of the most unlikely culprits.

Henry was for many years my favourite player outside of my own club. The player i would have sacrificied a testicle to bring to my club.

No more.

My testicles are safe.

Even as a Tottenham supporter i'd have to have him down as the player of the premiership player of the last decade.

We're all aware of what a tw#t Sepp Blatter is, and it's no surprise for whatever reason Henry escaped punishment, so here's hoping the French are knocked out in the group stages

• 3 weeks later...

No punishment for Henry and now the Swedish referee has been selected on the panel for the finals. Reward perhaps for making sure the big team got to the finals. I find it interesting to speculate the scenario if the cock up had gone against France. :)

No punishment for Henry and now the Swedish referee has been selected on the panel for the finals. Reward perhaps for making sure the big team got to the finals. I find it interesting to speculate the scenario if the cock up had gone against France. :)

We all know that scenario wouldn't have happened.

you used the right expression there. it was a cock up. it wasn't a conspiracy.

you used the right expression there. it was a cock up. it wasn't a conspiracy.

post-20082-1265690159_thumb.jpg

:D