Car - Something Has Expired And I Don't Know What This Is

ihightower

I have just come to realize that the following whatever it is has expired:

83e9d5664f.jpg

The car I am using is second hand which was bought in Feb 2008. Toyota Vios.

I have 2nd Class Insurance from Bangkok Insurance which has all the Compulsory Insurance, 3rd Party, etc and all the rest of it.

So, what is the above sticker for? Is this required?

If yes, now that it has expired.. when was that by the way? All I know is that it expired sometime in 2008.

What should I do now? Any fines?

Should I go to renew this myself? Can I do it in 7-11 or something?

Can someone do this for me?

I have been driving around with this sticker on the front panel since Feb 2008 and so far I haven't got into any problems. Even 3 times I was stopped by police for other minor checks etc.

Please help. I am lost here.

:) Your tax has run out!

Normally the police will slap a sticker on your windscreen and you are immidietly liable for a heavy court fine, if you are caught using it on the public road your car can be confiscated on the spot and towed in to the police pound and you will have to pay back tax+ towing in fee and a daily rate until full payment .Failure to do that will result in the being crushed, this is relevant to the UK only :D , here they have a drive through tax your place at the jataujak transport place, yu need valid compulsory insurance and copies of the chassis and engine numbers traced onto special masking tape or for a small service fee ask a freindly car dealer to take care of it all for you.

As mentioned your registration for road tax has run out. Normally the fine is 400 baht, at least it was for me several years ago. :) You need the compulsory insurance to show the Transport office and if the car is more then 7 years old you will need a safety check done where they will check operation and emissions and transfer the VIN to a tape. The back of your blue book will show the last tax payments to give you an idea as to how much you will pay for that.

//edit - the expiration month was April

As mentioned your registration for road tax has run out. Normally the fine is 400 baht, at least it was for me several years ago. :) You need the compulsory insurance to show the Transport office and if the car is more then 7 years old you will need a safety check done where they will check operation and emissions and transfer the VIN to a tape. The back of your blue book will show the last tax payments to give you an idea as to how much you will pay for that.

//edit - the expiration month was April

My car is bought in 2004 originally. So, it is only 5 years old. I bought it second hand in Feb 2008.

Can someone advise where can I do this easily near Rama 3, Bangkok (Around Sathorn and Silom).

Do I have to bring the car to transport office in person? Can this be done on a Saturday?

I checked my book and it shows some payments of THB1644. I am quite sure this is the Tax as it has got the dates matching to 25Apr for every year till 2007.

So, I assume the sticker in my car shows the Registration Date rather than the Expiry... It says Apr 2551 (2007).. so the expiry is one year from that date, Apr 2008, right?

Thank you.

Edited by ihightower

So, I assume the sticker in my car shows the Registration Date rather than the Expiry... It says Apr 2551 (2007).. so the expiry is one year from that date, Apr 2008, right?

In-correct.

The date on the sticker is the expiry date.

&

2551 = 2008, 2552 = 2009, 2553 = 2010.