Not Trying To Scaremonger.. Any Truth ?

LivinLOS

Not tryng to scaremonger and please delete / close whatever once people (hopefully) deny.

My missus just said Thai TV said a bomb has gone off in a Pattaya hotel..

The news was over by the time she told me and the info was totally garbled.. First she said people hurt, then people dead, (tho seemed very hazy) did mention someone lost an arm. From the versions she said as I tried to get details I think the clearest was one dead a few hurt, one badly..

What she was clear on was a bomb in a hotel..

Any further info ??

Again sorry if this is her hearing the news alert wrong.

Yeah thanks for that.. Helpful.

She actually speaks great english.. having spent time there and all.. Only for her a bomb story is less interesting than changing the channel to the next soap or comedy katoey or gameshow.. So she didnt pay attention to what to me sounds important.

You know how wrong information = lost face.. so multiple versions means she right anyway.

Yeah thanks for that.. Helpful.

She actually speaks great english.. having spent time there and all.. Only for her a bomb story is less interesting than changing the channel to the next soap or comedy katoey or gameshow.. So she didnt pay attention to what to me sounds important.

You know how wrong information = lost face.. so multiple versions means she right anyway.

Im sorry i was only winding you up,

I see ThaiVisa hasnt lost its potency for sane discussion :)

Hope this is not true...any updates?

Hence why I posted something thats a bit scaremongerish.. I dont want to start rumors over nothing.. But this was 30 mins ago now and would surely be a breaking news if it was true.

I see ThaiVisa hasnt lost its potency for sane discussion :D

Hence why I posted something thats a bit scaremongerish.. I dont want to start rumors over nothing.. But this was 30 mins ago now and would surely be a breaking news if it was true.

How can we have a sane discussion about a story that may not even exist.? i dont want to start rumours or nothing but the world is coming to an end in 2012.Why dont you find out more information first before posting. Most likely she is talking about the incident which happened in Naklua and the cove.<deleted> :)

Edited by Dpolenz

I see ThaiVisa hasnt lost its potency for sane discussion :)

How can we have a sane discussion about a story that may not even exist.? i dont want to start rumours or nothing but the world is coming to an end in 2012.Why dont you find out more information first before posting.

the sane discussion was your earlier crap, that you then removed..

But hey.. heres a shovel.. keep digging.

To clarify it was apparently jomtien.. I consider that all part of Patts area, but the fact that its now 30 mins and no ones heard more makes me doubt it even more.

I see ThaiVisa hasnt lost its potency for sane discussion :D

How can we have a sane discussion about a story that may not even exist.? i dont want to start rumours or nothing but the world is coming to an end in 2012.Why dont you find out more information first before posting.

the sane discussion was your earlier crap, that you then removed..

But hey.. heres a shovel.. keep digging.

To clarify it was apparently jomtien.. I consider that all part of Patts area, but the fact that its now 30 mins and no ones heard more makes me doubt it even more.

Your the one digging and spreading some S(*T :) rumour for attention

Edited by Dpolenz

Yeah so it was near a condominium not a hotel in NA JOMTIEM,and your girlfriend said that a bomb went off in a hotel which she is totally wrong,only 2 people injured. The bomb was left outside a condominium in na jomtiem concealed in something that some of the constructions workers took a interest in,when they opened it the bomb went off. Its sad that 2 people got injured but at least the bomb wasnt designed well enough for a major blast which could of hurt allot of people.

Edited by Dpolenz

Yeah so it was near a condominium not a hotel in NA JOMTIEM,and your girlfriend said that a bomb went off in a hotel which she is totally wrong,only 2 people injured. The bomb was left outside a condominium in na jomtiem concealed in something that some of the constructions workers took a interest in,when they opened it the bomb went off. Its sad that 2 people got injured but at least the bomb wasnt designed well enough for a major blast which could of hurt allot of people.

Yeah nice apology..

If you read you will see I said it was Jomtien.. And yes, it was condo not hotel, I came here asking for info to clarify all this..

So lets review..

Bomb in Pattaya area.. Check..

Jomtien.. Check..

People injured.. Check..

Someone killed (hazy on this).. Wrong ??

Someone lost an arm.. Check..

Yeah it was totally incorrect information delivered when everyone obviously knew all about it.

Edited by LivinLOS

"My missus just said Thai TV said a bomb has gone off in a Pattaya hotel.. " yeah check that one of to sunshine.There was no bomb in or anywhere near a hotel,it was Na Jomtiem.Well done on her getting the other facts correct :) The Tv report obviously knew about it, ive found out that the report already had people there,so your misses and you got lost in translation.

Edited by Dpolenz

Closed untill there is confirmation of this story.

It is now confirmed at the Thairath website: http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/48256

But only in Thai.

Yes, this is not rumor mongering.

My TGF & I just read the info on the above website. Her summation:

This morning, a bomb inside a flashlight exploded at the "Montari Jomtien Beach Condominium." Two staff members were injured when they tried to open the flashlight and it went off. One man lost and arm and is in ICU. The second man had lesser injuries and is also in hospital.

We googled the name in Thai and nothing came up; we could find no condominium with the name Montari. My girlfriend feels it was likely a building site. Please bear in mind that neither I, nor my TGF, is a professioanl at reporting the news; for all we know everything we read is incorrect... she just read what they wote, and summed it up as best she could in English, for us. Also, remember that this is Thailand, where it is good to believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear...

:)