Man Caught With Fake Drugs As He Attempts To Escape From Checkpoint.

Rimmer

Pattaya, November 21 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Just after 3.30 on Saturday Morning, Police were called into action after a motorbike driver failed to stop at a checkpoint set up in front of Soi 1 off the South Pattaya Road. Eventually Police and Volunteers managed to stop the bike and conducted a search of the driver, Khun Sarawoot aged 26 who was found to be carrying a variety of narcotics, however a closer inspection determined that all the drugs he was carrying were fake. He claimed that he would sell the fake drugs to Tourists in Pattaya so he could buy Yabba Tablets for himself. He was arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station for further questioning.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]http://www.pattayaone.net/news

post-22250-1258809621_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1258809648_thumb.jpg

So he was arrested for carrying sugar or some other form of white powder, not being drugs.

I wonder what the charge will be :D:)

Not sure if it's the same in Thailand but in the UK the charge would be 'going equipped to cheat' after the so-called drugs had been tested at a lab.

So he was arrested for carrying sugar or some other form of white powder, not being drugs.

Not sure if it's the same in Thailand but in the UK the charge would be 'going equipped to cheat' after the so-called drugs had been tested at a lab.

So, it's illegal to carry legally allowed substances in UK? <deleted> - I'm glad I left that place.

Just as an afterthought - do girls get arrested for 'going equipped to be a prostitute' ??

Edited by eefoo

So, it's illegal to carry legally allowed substances in UK? <deleted> - I'm glad I left that place.

Depends on what the substance is and how it is packaged. If it's anything like the US, it has to be pretty clear that the substance is meant to look like an illegal substance and is packaged for sale. The behavior of the suspect is taken into account too. For example, resisting arrest when there is probable cause for a search does not reflect well on the suspect.

Just as an afterthought - do girls get arrested for 'going equipped to be a prostitute' ??

Obviously not! Otherwise Pattaya would be a ghost town! :)

I think you are right, he would be caught under the category of something called "incohate offences". The supply of fake drugs would not be a drugs offence but the ancillary criminal enterprise of intending to cheat would be what got him.