Retirement Visa Non-imm Extension Experience

I went to the new offices in Bangkok on Thursday, arrived just after 9 and was in the office with my documents a few moments later. I made the mistake of not getting a letter from the Bank stating my current balance. I had updated my bank book and provided copies of it but they would not accept this and required a letter from the bank stating my balance.

I had provided a letter stating that the 800K plus had been transferred in August but still required a letter re the current balance. Luckily for me the supervisor pointed out that my bank had a branch on the next floor down along with several other banks. I would not have known this as you enter the building on the ground floor. Obtained the letter from the bank and back in the office where the procedure was completed very quickly.

One thing you need is to write your phone number on form TM7. So copy of all the entries in my bank passbook, two letters from the bank one showing the original transfer from the UK the other stating the current balance, and copied every page of my passport including the departure card plus form TM7 and 1900 baht fee.

The multiple entry application form TM8 was completed also very efficiently fee 3800 baht.

Altogether a very pleasant experience and a lot better than the old office apart from the location. I took a taxi from Morchit cost 120 baht with tip and took about 20 minutes.

A very important item in above post - the branch bank(s) at the new location appear to be authorized to issue acceptable letters of account balance for those who bank elsewhere.

Can you advise which bank you used for reference?

Actually the Banks are at ground level - you drive up to 1st (or 2nd) floor to main entrance doors.

A very important item in above post - the branch bank(s) at the new location appear to be authorized to issue acceptable letters of account balance for those who bank elsewhere.

Can you advise which bank you used for reference?

Actually the Banks are at ground level - you drive up to 1st (or 2nd) floor to main entrance doors.

I used the Bangkok Bank and they even put the time as well as the date on the letter cost 100 baht.

Yes I also noticed this statement.

May I ask the OP what kind of account he has, regular savings or fixed deposit?

My KBank insists that I can get the letter for my fixed deposit acct only at the branch it was opened and then it takes one day (the manager signs the letters only after public banking hours).

opalhort

.........Obtained the letter from the bank and back in the office where the procedure was completed very quickly........

Yeah I too would like to know that if I were to open a Kasikorn Bank savings account at a branch near my home in Lad Prao, would the branch under Immigration in CW issue me with a letter on the day of extension application?

I am with Standard Chartered in Sathorn and it'd be a real pain to go from Lad Prao to there for a letter and then up to CW.

Reason for edit: added extra info

Edited by jamesjdaly

Yes I also noticed this statement.

May I ask the OP what kind of account he has, regular savings or fixed deposit?

My KBank insists that I can get the letter for my fixed deposit acct only at the branch it was opened and then it takes one day (the manager signs the letters only after public banking hours).

opalhort

On my passbook it says Fixed deposit account, its the one with the orange cover that the Bangkok Bank issues. Every month I transfer my monthly allowance from this book into an ATM account but I only present my Fixed deposit account as evidence as this is where my annual transfer from the UK is deposted. You are quite right my account is based at Silom Road and there was no problem getting a letter from the branch where the immigration bureau is located.

About a year ago, Siam Commercial Bank branches in Phuket said they could not issue the letter affirming the bank balance for my fixed deposit account held at an SCB branch in Bangkok. In other words, it seemed that SCB policy (at that time) was that the letter must come from the branch where the account is registered.

Also, SCB (Wireless Rd) charges 200 for the letter.