Very Proffessional Scam In Asia

dumball

I am not easily taken in by scams , junk mail is normaly sent to immediate 'Delete' or to 'Fishing scam' , this recent one was so proffessionaly written I was ALMOST convinced it was for real . It came from Microsoft Awards 2009 with pertenant information given as originating in the UK , it asked for a small amount of ID information to claim my award of 900.000 UK pounds . I did a lot of searching but could not find anything about promo awards from microsoft , I gave particulars to my son who tracked it down to 'http://www.dailyscamalerts.com , most of the respondents live in ASIA that is why I feel this is also relative to Thailand and TV members should be made aware of this particular scam , will the staff please post this , thank you .

husskydog' date='2009-11-23 02:15:50' post='3157778']

i agree with all the replies, no such thing as a free lunch.....but we must all be a little gull...after all we are here in thailand...

How true that is , I had a good enough heart to post it , as it was so good I also took the trouble to check it out BEFORE posting it , because of the thousands of 'Lookers ' on this forum , I figured there maybe one on here so pye -eyed as so many tend to be , to respond to it . I would like to thank all of you So- smart ----- for your vote of confidence when some-one tries to be a good neighbour in this warped part of the world . When I received the report on it from my son , I checked it off as a phishing scam , or were you too pye-eyed to notice that also , have a pleasant life !!!!!!

Sounds like a version of this one

http://www.dailyscamalerts.com/archives/ya...ve-lottery.html

The amazing thing is how many other numb nuts actually sent their details or really thought that it might be true!!

Then again there's a sucker born every minute.

UNfortunately, these scams do pull in people, and not all of them are 'numb-nuts' but almost invariably people short of money and getting desperate, as was the case with a couple who are friends of mine--they mentioned their concerns to me and I directed them to the website above [ 'scam-alerts] but they had already faxed copies of passport, bank details etc... stable doors and bolting horses come to mind; this is why the, usually Nigerian, scum that perpetrate these thefts are such low-life in so far as the people that they target can often ill-afford to be robbed--not that many of us can 'afford' to be robbed, you know what I mean?

Be on your guard--we can all be a bit stupid sometimes and these criminals only need an inch.

If someone is offering £90,000, than one does not need to be genius to work out that it`s a scam.

These scammers are not very clever; if the offer would have been "just" GBP 9,000, many more people would react and thus give away their ''secrets'; GBP 900 would even be better but fortunately these chaps are too greedy.

LaoPo

Sounds like a version of this one

The amazing thing is how many other numb nuts actually sent their details or really thought that it might be true!!

UNfortunately, these scams do pull in people, and not all of them are 'numb-nuts' but almost invariably people short of money and getting desperate, as was the case with a couple who are friends of mine--they mentioned their concerns to me and I directed them to the website above [ 'scam-alerts] but they had already faxed copies of passport, bank details etc... stable doors and bolting horses come to mind; this is why the, usually Nigerian, scum that perpetrate these thefts are such low-life in so far as the people that they target can often ill-afford to be robbed--not that many of us can 'afford' to be robbed, you know what I mean?

Be on your guard--we can all be a bit stupid sometimes and these criminals only need an inch.

My friend got one supposedly from the UN, it looked just a little bit feasible and didn't ask for much info....I persumed that would come later....the above post is very true..thank you for bringing a more reasonable view to this discussion. Sometimes, I know that it isn't wise to but, I have a little fun with these guys.

I agree....if it's too good to be true it is. You'll be surprised though how organized these people are. Take the Canadian lottery for example. These scam artist would do mass mailings of lottery entries (to the US). People would respond and when they get the scam letter or call, they can reference the lottery entry. They will even go so far as to mail you a copy of your original entry (I've seen this for a fact).

What's the world coming too....

'haybilly' date='2009-11-23 06:24:04' post='3157870']'tolsti' post='3157818' date='2009-11-23 04:11:20']Sounds like a version of this one

[/quote) This is precisely why I posted this particular scam , I normaly send this kind of mail to delete or phishing scam immediatly on opening my mail , gave a few a chuckle at my expense but i do not mind if it only saves one person from being caught for his hard earned money .

900k, that is nothing compared to the 24,000,000 I have coming to me from Nigeria.

I say have a little fun with these people. Get them to call you and give them the number of interpol or something. Visit scam baiters websites and play them along. Think of it as a service. While you take up their time, some other guy won't get conned.

I have to say, if you found yourself ALMOST convinced by the idea that Microsoft would arbitrarily select some 50 year old man living in Thailand (God, no, Cambodia even, I just checked your location) for a £900,000 paycheck, if you found it to be a 'very professional scam,' I think you perhaps need to re-evaluate your outlook on life and re-examine some of those 'great deals' you've done in the past.

Anyone remotely convinced by the idea that ANYONE - be it a fortune 500 company, a nigerian prince or Jenny at your favourite ladyboy bar - wants to give them £900,000 for NOTHING should seek help.

If the roles were reversed, if you had a million, ten million or 100 million dollars, would YOU randomly select some guy off the internet to give a wad of that to? Someone who had done absolutely nothing, either to you personally or the world in a greater sense. Huh?

- Hang on guys, I've just been emailed by Exxon, they've awarded me with the 2009 Energy Entrepreneur Award which is a $2,000,000 cash prize. The pertinent details in the email come from the USA, so I think it's legitimate. Finally, all those years of entrepreneurial use of gas in my car are being rewarded. I'll just mail them by bank details and mother's maiden name now. Drinks are on me, TV!

Edited by bonobo

now this is hight of stupidity

first of all you read the whole mail which says someone is giving you 900 k for free.

second thing you check everywhere to confirm if its real or fake.

third and biggest mistake you did is to post this on forum.

Good heart but stupid mind

all these scams work the same way..

if you go further with them, then you have to send prove that you are

the one who did win the prize.. adres, ID, bankaccountnr, and whatever they wanna have from you.

A few days later you recieve a message from them that your money is depositted in some bankaccount

(you get the name of a, mostly international, bank).

And then it comes: to release themoney from that bank to your bankaccount, you wil have to pay

several hundreds or even thousends to them to get the money released.

When you send them that money, you wil never again hear from them.

If you don't send them the money, then the funds cannot be released ..

Simple as clear water: you have to pay before you get none of the money that was supposed to get to you...

It is always the same sceme.

Once i was in contact with such scammers. I told them, i pay nothing in adavance, but they could take 10%

of the money for them before sending it to me. You know... i didn't get an answer nomore from them.