Satisfying Requirements For Retirement Visa

I'm in my home country on a short trip and thinking again about the retirement visa, and seek some help on this forum with a couple of questions. First, I have a USD savings account in Thailand. Is there a chance that an equivalent amount of dollars could be used to satisfy the 800K-Baht rule? (There are no restrictions on withdrawing the funds.)

Secondly, when I do actually work, I usually get very notice and have to pack quickly, get a visa and fly off to some third-world country for 1-3 months at time. If I enter the Kingdom on an O-A visa, and during my first 90 days (until I am able to convert it to a retirement visa) I am forced to leave, does this make my whole effort null and void? Thanks for sharing.

If you enter Thailand on an O-A Visa you will get a stay of 12 months.

If you enter on a Non Imm O Visa you will get 90 days. You apply for the retirement extension within the last 30 days of your stay.

If you have to leave within that 90 days you will need a Re Entry Permit from Immigration. 1,000 Baht. This will keep your permision to stay alive. It does not add days.

When you return you can apply for the extension based on retirement.

As for a $ account? There have been reports of this being accepted. I would think it would be up to the individual Immigration Office concerned as is usually the case.