Us Citizens Warned Of Possible Violence In Chiang Mai On Sunday

webfact

I don't want to sound like a broken record, however, I seem to remember about 1 year ago when the PM (Somchai) could not land his plane in Bangkok because of the YELLOW SHIRTS.

What needs to happen is the Police need to enforce of the law against each an everyone that incites unruly and illegal actions. And if there are not any laws on the books, then make some. And get rid of the my pen lie attitudes.

While I am all for protesting and airing grievances, it mush be done in such away that does not harm and must not damage others lives, ie working, schools etc.

Completely agree, also with the last part.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to me that someone with 6,000 explosive devices is a possible terrorist. Yes, a terrorist if the intent was to throw the explosive devices at a crowd and cause a panic. If one wants to make excuses for this person, then how about acknowledging that he is a negligent selfish prick? What would have happened if the building where these explosive devices were kept had been subject to a fire? There would have been quite an explosion. Oh let me guess, the explosive material was stored in a safe manner. Must be a nice feeling to be a neighbor of this guy. It is obvious that such people do not care about the safety of others. People that are a danger to society and that intend to inflict physical harm are usually locked up in a prison and I hope that's where he will be sent, for a long time.

Indeed - and I really hope these morons are a very-very clear minority of the reds.

They seem to arm themselves up for more than just non-peaceful protests. Someone would like to venture a guess they would like to be a regional power-player, aka another mob-organization with protection-rackets?

in fairness they're from london so their wardrobes are generally made up of black and grey and a few shades in between.

incidentally why is a blue shirt an issue? new one on me that.

Stevie, I thought you hated people from London? :)

i don't 'hate' anyone jamesy. though they're not from london, just live there. . .

The reds cancel Bangkok rally and Abhisit cancels the CM gig. That reduces tension quite a lot. The police then start to clear up some of the seemingly lunatic fringe who I am sure even most red supporters dont back. Not bad all round for those hoping to enjoy New Year although the LCM51 clique likely wont enjoy it as much as most. Now lets hope Sondhi L doesnt decide to do anything too loony as he is about the only player to not take a step back so far althouhg to be fair he hasnt taken one forward either.

Why does anything which even mentions US make people go on an anti-US rant? The whole point of this article was about some CM political situation which happened to include mention of US embassy. Is this difficult to understand? For the record there are political demonstrations there every day with no violence by anyone including the police. Citizens of the USA have more freedom than anyone else in the world. I do not feel some sick need to get on internet complaining about everything wrong with England, or Thailand, or even France or Australia. I would not insult your home country and do not understand why people wish to insult mine.

"Not the true face of Thailand - the true face of Thaksin. There is a sizable difference."

The looming insurrection in Thailand is far greater and more significant than whether Thaksin comes back or not.

It is a long-suppressed social and political revolution. When it kicks off here it is not going to be pretty whoever you think is right. We saw it in Bangkok and Pattaya with the out of control Red Shirts and the Yellows.

These acts are off the scale of normal civil protests and indicate a breakdown in the rule of law, the old social consensus and Thai society.

Anyone who still just bleats about Thaksin is naive. This is much much bigger than him.

I just hope it is over fast and the country can then put what is likely to happen here behind it quickly and move on in some degree of harmony.

Thaksin's presence compounds the realities you iterate to the nth power. His continuing role in sociopolitics only intensifies and prolongs the ugliness.

If Thaksin were somehow removed from present and impending developments the transition you are referencing still would be a long and painful one. Unfortunately, few of us see Thaksin not playing a ghastly part in it which is why it's going to be truly torturous.

Citizens of the USA have more freedom than anyone else in the world.

Keeping on repeating that and even more people would reside in a state of delusion. I wonder if the US folks labelled as trailer trash or ghetto blacks feel free. Force yourself to consider the Bedouin, the Lapps, many Mongolians and Amazon Indians all who know nothing of governments and all the crap that us developed folks have to endure. They are truly free. If people come here and make untoward comments or express untoward opinions regarding the US then they are making use of their freedoms - or is freedom the sole prerogative of American citizens?

One of the sad things about non totalitarian countries is that the freedoms that people do have are often sadly misused, particularly by the young. Some embittered men feel that way about some contemporary women.

Why does anything which even mentions US make people go on an anti-US rant? The whole point of this article was about some CM political situation which happened to include mention of US embassy. Is this difficult to understand? For the record there are political demonstrations there every day with no violence by anyone including the police. Citizens of the USA have more freedom than anyone else in the world. I do not feel some sick need to get on internet complaining about everything wrong with England, or Thailand, or even France or Australia. I would not insult your home country and do not understand why people wish to insult mine.

What on Earth are you nattering on about? You want to get that chip on your shoulder seen to mate.

These msg are SOP CYA and they have put them out back when the yellow took over the airport and the government house its nothing at all to do with the reds or any special thing. I get them and have gotten them for years via e mail and you can to just sign up at the embassy site. They all read about the same. Its something of a troll to site this kind of msg as proof there will be a problem or is a special concern this time anymore so then any other event in the last 3 years.

red blue green yellow or otherwise. Its normal to warn people to stay away from these type events and they did so for all the other rallies around Thailand. Big Deal. NOT :)

What on Earth are you nattering on about? You want to get that chip on your shoulder seen to mate.

I think tomahawk is making a sensible post. "A chip on his shoulder". Some people cannot see the woods for the trees. :)

'Publicus' date='2009-11-28 01:55:42' post='3168635']salty' post='3168416' date='2009-11-27 23:35:26']'Moonrakers' post='3168054' date='2009-11-27 18:51:30'tomahawk' post='3167762' date='2009-11-27 16:11:57']Why does anything which even mentions US make people go on an anti-US rant? The whole point of this article was about some CM political situation which happened to include mention of US embassy. Is this difficult to understand? For the record there are political demonstrations there every day with no violence by anyone including the police. Citizens of the USA have more freedom than anyone else in the world. I do not feel some sick need to get on internet complaining about everything wrong with England, or Thailand, or even France or Australia. I would not insult your home country and do not understand why people wish to insult mine

I think tomahawk is making a sensible post. "A chip on his shoulder". Some people cannot see the woods for the trees. :)

Tomahawk uses different words to make the point I make at every forum to which I post, i.e,. farang have a clinical pathology against the United States. Such farang have a viceral hate of the USA which blinds them and which commands them in the worst ways of irrationality and anti rationality.

There's nothing anyone in or from the USA can do about it, except perhaps to identify to the sufferers that they have a severe pathology, a dementia of sorts which makes them subjects of pity and misfortune, that they should seek professional help.

I used to do all I could to reason with them, inform their ignorance, overlook their affliction in the rational aspiration they could overcome it. However, over time I learned their pathology is an affliction which they cannot deal with, so now I hammer them while also recognizing these ill need sympathy and understanding. I also reserve for the most pathological against the US my mental note that, for them, the only place they can find sympathy for their pathology is in the dictionary between shit and syphillis.

Such poignant wording which I am afraid will most probably fall on deaf ears , the three monkeys just slid into focus , it is better by far to stand corrected in mild humiliation , be cognisant of others opinions , put on the cap of widom and give a coherant response to the best of ones limited ability . To intone in monosylibles , a never ending diatribe of regurgitated nonsense , completely alian to a topic , only brings forth an old adage that still remains applicable to some who are not aware of diplomacy "'Tis better to remain silent and remain respected , than open ones mouth and prove a point ".

US citizens warned of possible violence in Chiang Mai on Sunday

The US Consulate General in Chiang Mai warned American citizens to exercise caution if they visit Chiang Mai on Sunday due to possible violent protests against the prime minister.

I get them and have gotten them for years via e mail and you can to just sign up at the embassy site.

Its something of a troll to site this kind of msg

:) It's what? :D

I see that the red shirts in Chiang Mai are still going ahead with their plan of holding a demonstration this weekend although the prime minister has canceled his trip.

I hope that none of its residents are injured and that the damage to tourism to the area is not too bad.