So What Does Thaksin Know That We Don't?

GuestHouse

First we have that obvious pitch (which I shall not discuss).

This is followed only this week by 'This is not the time to demonstrate' - Despite the planned demonstrations being scheduled to be over by the 2nd.

And then when the prosecution legal team against him in the matter of Bht76,000,000,000 ask for more time to present more witnesses (all of whom we can assume might very well provide more evidence in favour of the prosecution) Thaksin's legal team say 'Yes go right ahead, have another month to produce more damning evidence'.

Edited by bonobo
changing derogatory nickname to actual name

He's building a private army in Cambodia, and co-ordinated with the reds in Isaan will take Bangkok in a swift pincer movement.

Or not.

Lets go over that theory.

If so, wouldn't Thailand know about it?

If they knew about it, wouldn't it then be justifiable (even by UN standards) to attack Cambodia?

Cambodia has a much weaker military, why would they risk this?

Edited by Jingthing

I don't think that mahtin was being entirely serious JT. (Or was he?)

I don't think he was either, but it was fun to think through the logic of the idea anyway. Lots of scenarios are possible, especially when dealing with a very desperate man used to total power on the verge of losing almost everything.

Obviously he knows everyone he has ever done dirty work for, been the fall guy for, favors for, and has plugged into the public trough. Some of whom are obviously no longer "friends of Thaksin" and some from the highest order of Thai society. I think most Thais would not be surprised by the names. They chat them amongst themselves anyway.

The thing I worry about is that he says or does something to inflame the South.

There are so many possibilities and we could only speculate. However, I find it very hard to believe that the reason for the postponement is the one that he gave.

There are many ways to skin the cat and many different ways to interpret the rules of law. And does anyone really believe that the rule of law is playing in this case. The power to be have already decided the punishment and only left how to show and communicate so it looks real. Not that he does not deserve what he gets anyways and I would not shed any tear for him

I said private army :)

I got that. The point is even allowing a private army to operate on their soil which is planning an attack on Thailand is an act of war on Thailand. It doesn't matter if the soldiers were part of the Cambodian army or not. That was my point. It would be insane for the government of Cambodia to allow that to happen on their soil. I think anyone who read my entire post IN CONTEXT would have understood that.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't think that mahtin was being entirely serious JT. (Or was he?)

I don't think he was either, but it was fun to think through the logic of the idea anyway. Lots of scenarios are possible, especially when dealing with a very desperate man used to total power on the verge of losing almost everything.

Backing down from your original point then, Jingthing

Well you have to give Thaksin some credit:

1. He KNOWS how to avoid arrest.

2.He KNOWS how to piss people off.

3.He KNOWS how to manipulate the media.

4. Calling for his extradition over some land deal gone bad is becoming quite trivial, and comical, and he KNOWS this.

5. He KNOWS that he was not the first corrupt Thai official to enter politics and certainly will not be the last. :)

I said private army :)

I got that. The point is even allowing a private army to operate on their soil which is planning an attack on Thailand is an act of war on Thailand. It doesn't matter if the soldiers were part of the Cambodian army or not. That was my point. It would be insane for the government of Cambodia to allow that to happen on their soil. I think anyone who read my entire post IN CONTEXT would have understood that.

May be someone from Pattaya can comment....Has there been a decrease in the number of farangs claiming to be Ex-SAS, Seals,CIA for FBI running around ??....maybe they are camped out in Cambodia... :D

How can anyone know for sure what this guy is up to next?

By today I even believe after his assets are probably seized he will turn absolutely rabid!

He won't stop until he got it his way or he is stopped!

Not to mention that he certainly strongly believes that this "illgotten money" are his well deserved "Life savings"

some elite envies him for!

He won;t stop unless he is stopped - see his latest "Deal offer"!

"Let me off the hook and I let you off" see the incredible arrogance in there?

He rides on the gravy "mai pen rai" train... he count's on the forgiveness - that why he seeded his campaign with

"if the people want me back, they will forgive me"! Next the Petition: "I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, "honest mistakes" so forgive me"!

His top No.Chart Rap - hit ........ I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't, I did, no I didn't ..."honest mistakes" so forgive me"!....

Well and Yes, I am stunned, sad to watch how many are dancing to his tunes, "every move I make..." he pulls the strings at random and the powers to be are following willingly each move - how infantile, immature unorganized is this "mai mii pan ha" style?

Thai-Society as a whole, has arrived at the cross roads and there need to be some major decisions to be made, some maybe very "Non-Thai", but it's the only way to get out of this mess and this mans ambitious plans to satisfy his ego...

As of the looks of it he is rattling and shaking this country and society at will and randomly, everyone is uncomfortable, but all claim "nothing is happening,after all he is one of us!" :)

Edited by Samuian

Not sure what he "knows" that we don't, if anything, but what I gather from the postponement of this rally is his financial resources to fund consecutive ones are not what they were.

If the intention behind the rally is to topple the government, what does it matter if the rally is now or a day before the verdict? If the intention is to disrupt the court case, why not go ahead with the rally now then have another one before the verdict?

Frankly I think evidence is mounting he is finally on the back foot, especially now that he appears to want to negotiate (as mentioned in the one we can't link to).

Not sure what he "knows" that we don't, if anything, but what I gather from the postponement of this rally is his financial resources to fund consecutive ones are not what they were.

If the intention behind the rally is to topple the government, what does it matter if the rally is now or a day before the verdict? If the intention is to disrupt the court case, why not go ahead with the rally now then have another one before the verdict?

Frankly I think evidence is mounting he is finally on the back foot, especially now that he appears to want to negotiate (as mentioned in the one we can't link to).

I don't think he is on the (financial) back burner already, I might be mistaken... this guy is out for it all!

He simply is looking for any possible way out of this - like Gollum wanted the ring back....

what would you do for 76.000.000.000 ?

I don't think he is on the (financial) back burner already, I might be mistaken... this guy is out for it all!

He simply is looking for any possible way out of this - like Gollum wanted the ring back....

what would you do for 76.000.000.000 ?

Destroy his ring,no more problem.

He's saying "Look at me. See how much power I have. I can start or stop a mass protest with one phone call". Therefore, should any protest go ahead and violence breaks out, he can be held fully accountable.

The lack of condemnation from Takkie to the threats on the PM's life from his red shirt gang should be enough to give anybody an idea exactly what type of person he is.