Red Shirts Demo'ing Today ?

orang37

None of this will end until there's been a bloody conclusion imo. Thaksin will win or die but won't give up. He has always firmly placed his personal selfish goals ahead of his country. From robbing the country blind when he was pm to provoking violence through his red-shirt supporters. Soon a big change will come to Thailand and Thaksin is waiting to pounce.

I certainly hope that you are wrong.

When I pointed out that Nelson Mandela had been a terrorist at one time, a lot of people wanted to deny it, but it is a historical fact. I admire him for being so forgiving of other in his later years, but he certainly was no saint as a young man.

I do not see Thaksin as being any less capable of changing for the better and up till now the Reds have mostly stayed under control and mostly kept the violence to a minimum.

Despite all the warnings about Thaksin, he seems to want a peaceful solution and I don't see how he cannot feel grateful to his supporters and want the best for them. Maybe he has learned a lesson or two in the last few years.

Anyway, lets hope that both sides do what is right before it is too late.

I get it that you're not comparing Takshin to Mandela. But just to be clear, they aren't remotely similar.