Need Comments On Playing Computer Video Games

livinthailandos

first I like to say during my free time when i'm not busy i'm playing video games on my xbox 360, although fun it may be at times the xbox 360 at some point that I have will have its red ring of death. I've thought about sometime now maybe switching to computer video games instead. I would like to play online with other players although I am aware of

1. Internet in thailand in part due to speed ( upload / download ) ( domestic / going through the IIG ) how bad it can be at times

2. Realizing that games sometimes require higher specifications on computer hardware

3. Finding games

I was wondering if any of you play any computer games, I don't mean like yahoo games, I mean examples like world of warcraft, or some other popular computer games. Is it worth it. I've pretty much prepared for the computer part if necessary I've built my own a few times. I've got Maxnett majority of times i'm getting about

50kbps upload

200kbps download

so for any of you out there all ideas, suggestions, comments on this topic would be helpful.

If the server is in thailand yeah prob work great, outside of thailand ? my exp so far has been bad ping times, too high to be able to compete. It would be nice to find someone on here with a good connection and lots of bandwidth to host a game server during the evenings. I really miss multi-player cod 2 action.

I was in the same situation as you, and considering PC gaming.

However, I decided to stick to the 360 for a few reasons.

1. Portability - To buy a laptop to give me the same gaming experience as an xbox 360 would be too expensive. I can pack my 360 and all the bits and pieces into a laptop carry bag and take it anywhere.

2. Cost - Compared to building a high end gaming rig.

3. Robust online service - I have played online with no lag all over Asia using my 360.

4. Conevenience - no driver problems, viruses, regular hardware updates.

5. Exclusive games.

Don't want to start a PC versus console war here. In reality, PC gaming is superior on many levels. But for my lifestyle (travelling through Asia and now settling in Isaan) the 360 was the best choice for me.