If You Could Be Thai For A Day...

Ted

Now I’m sure it must happen to all of us from time to time, whether in Thailand or another foreign country, when something happens to make us think, ‘I wish I didn’t look so foreign!’

Whether it was after hearing the 100th suit salesman asking if you want to have a ‘look inside’, or after having to barter extra hard and still paying more, or even getting stared at for being ‘exotic’ when you’ve got a hangover and you're on your way to work. Every now and again everyone would like to look local, if only for a short period of time.

But actually what does not being Thai, stop you doing in Thailand? Are there certain things you’d love to do that being a Farang stops you from doing in Thailand?

So the topic of this post: If you could be Thai for a day - what would you do?

Hang around Sukhumvit, laugh about farangs and frequently annoy passers by with 'sexy dvd sir sir' whenever possible.

Conceive with my partner just to really confuse the in-laws in about 9 months.

Nothing intelligent from me at this time of night.

Edited by OxfordWill

If I was a Thai woman for a day then I'd spend all the time standing naked in front of a mirror exploring my new sexuality. Oh...and I'd invite all my female friends to help me with the exploration using liberal amounts of baby lotion and warm custard.

If a Thai guy for a day? Haven't really given it much thought. :o