Idiotic Tourist Acts I Have Seen Recently

DJ Pat

It was the wai-ing that I found sickening.

A culturally aware tourist for sure :D

My current boss wais BG's. :D

He's been here in Thailand now for just over 1 year, and still has no fcukin idea. :D

Well I have been here more than 20 years and would suggest your boss is more clued up than you.There are certain circumstances in which it would be perfectly appropriate to wai a BG.

Maybe so... but in every bar he goes to in Pattaya... new and old? :o

As a person who has had a lot of experience in this country, you would of course be accustomed to adopting the method of wai-ing that the Thais do themselves... and not wai every waitress or servant just because you are wai-ed by everyone when you walk through the door, na? :D

BTW mods, I am not trying to turn this into a BG thread, so feel free to delete/modify these types of posts if you wish. :D

**Thanks for offer Jai Dee..... I think I'll add a dancing bear!**

Bearm.gif

Edited by cdnvic

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2....

1 - My wife & I dropped a friend of a friend off at the airport - it had been his first trip to Thailand(on the second trip the BG's releived him of 12,000 pounds). I took him to the desk to check in - he was about 2 metres from the lovely check-in girl & he said "She's nice - I wonder what she charges" - the girl quite obviously heard him. So embarassing. Strangely - that was the last time I saw him.

2 - Just got my son out of the car at Raja hotel car park & I hear "luk chai narak maak" - I turn around & it's a bloody farang speaking Thai to me in a Manchester accent. <deleted> ? Obviously been here so long he's forgotten English.

I've just seen one, well, 5 minutes ago: two farangs talking to a Thai guy on a piece of land next to the main Rawai to Chalong Road. Both farangs were on big bikes. Guess where they parked their bikes? In the bike lane.

One behind the other? No, side by side so the bike lane was totally blocked. Stupid, ignorant prats. :o

I've just seen one, well, 5 minutes ago: two farangs talking to a Thai guy on a piece of land next to the main Rawai to Chalong Road. Both farangs were on big bikes. Guess where they parked their bikes?  In the bike lane.

One behind the other? No, side by side so the bike lane was totally blocked. Stupid, ignorant prats.  :o

They have bikelanes In LOS ?? :D

I've just seen one, well, 5 minutes ago: two farangs talking to a Thai guy on a piece of land next to the main Rawai to Chalong Road. Both farangs were on big bikes. Guess where they parked their bikes?  In the bike lane.

One behind the other? No, side by side so the bike lane was totally blocked. Stupid, ignorant prats.  :o

In Thailand it's a bikelane

In UK it's called the pavement

In the US it's the sidewalk

Patrick

In Thailand it's a bikelane

In UK it's called the pavement

In the US it's the sidewalk

Patrick

In the wilds of Thailand (Phuket?), they sure do. But they don't have pavements (=sidewalks) and you take your life in your hands if you dare walk along the bike lane! I'll post a pic. later. I like posting pics. Very educational :D:D

back to topic...crazy thing i saw once many years ago in patpong when a farang showed of the girls by lighting a havana with a bt500 bill, guess what, within seconds he had all the thai thugs beating the sh1t out of him, from stories i heard later he was deported person non grata on a stretcher

Rule No 1 - Never insult the Royal Family

Setting fire to the King would be classed as pretty insulting.

Som Nam Nah

Edited by johnh101

He's been here in Thailand now for just over 1 year, and still has no fcukin idea. :o

Well I have been here more than 20 years and would suggest your boss is more clued up than you.There are certain circumstances in which it would be perfectly appropriate to wai a BG.

upon successful completion of a BJ?

Yes, that would seem a suitable occasion.

He's been here in Thailand now for just over 1 year, and still has no fcukin idea. :o

upon successful completion of a BJ?

Yes, that would seem a suitable occasion.

:D

Edited by davethailand

back to topic...crazy thing i saw once many years ago in patpong when a farang showed of the girls by lighting a havana with a bt500 bill, guess what, within seconds he had all the thai thugs beating the sh1t out of him, from stories i heard later he was deported person non grata on a stretcher

Rule No 1 - Never insult the Royal Family

Setting fire to the King would be classed as pretty insulting.

Som Nam Nah

What ba 42 Carat Plonker he really was.

Here's a good one lifted from the LP board:

-----------------

Electric_Penguin wrote:

While driving from patong to karon in the truck, i passed by some farang (some ozzie) with his thai gf on the back. i ran over a hole and this dude got wet from the splash.... what he did next was unreal. going up the hill he managed to get in front of me due to traffic (via the middle of the road) and then proceeded to speed up and slow down abruptly right in front of our truck. this fool alomost wrote off his bike, his woman, and (not sadly if it had happened) himself. he did this for five km..... then we lost him. he came back looking for us, but by the time he found us we were back on the road to patong.... thailand is indeed full of dumbass farang fools.... his gf was none too impressed as her body language during the episode indicated.....

please feel free to post other examples of idiocy (and potential darwin award candidates).

In 18 years working with tourists, I've see so many exemple of disrespect and stupidity. Quite often I've felt so ashamed to be a Farang. Some people are just aggressive, but there are quite a few who are just ignorant. Different traditions, culture = no culture = everything allowed. It's happen to Thai Tourist too. I've see in Siem Reap - Cambodia some Thai people speaking and acting very disrespectfully toward the locals and the hotel staff. I think all tourist are more or less disrespectful because ignorant. But Thailand and Khao Sarn Road attract quite a few specilities.

It's happen to Thai Tourist too. I've see in Siem Reap - Cambodia some Thai people speaking and acting very disrespectfully toward the locals and the hotel staff.

I saw this but the Cambodians have got one over on the Thais - They can speak english a thousand times better!

A few years back, I was walking back to my flat in Sukhumvit 31 at about 2 in the morning, and a drunk brit in his late 20's stops me asking for directions to Patpong. I told him it was not much happening there at 2 in the morning (not that a tourist would find, anyway!), but that if he really wanted to go there, he'd better get a taxi. He replied that he didn't want to waste money (his words, not mine!) on a cab, and that he intended to walk there. I told him that it would probably take him at least an hour, but if he really wanted to, start by walking down Sukhumvit Rd towards Ploenchit. He then acuses me of bullshitting him, and starts staggering in the opposite direction....

Wonder where he ended up......? :o

Last year, just next to Foodland (Suk Soi 5), I stopped by 3 French guys asking where the best place to get some cheap pussy was (this was about 2 PM on a Sunday afternoon). They then proceeded to tell me how they intended to shag as many women as possible while they were here in Bangkok, all this while my wife stands right next to me! I told them that there was a really good bar with young, cute, cheap girls about a 30 min taxi ride away. "Just jump into any taxi, and tell the driver to take you to Sanam Bin. It really rocks, and there is a short time hotel just accross the road".

My wife still giggles about that one.....

One more, lifted from somewhere else.... SOme people:

One of the small irritants I've occasionally experienced in the LOS is

a taxi driver who refues to take me to a specific location. Reason is

generally "finish work" or "traffic jamb". Of course, I figure it's

bullshit and try to change their mind (always without success).

A year ago, it was a taxi driver I hailed in front of the Landmark

(where I pick up taxis to go to Pantip). He refused. I asked him why.

"No go" was his reason. After about a minute of dialog, I finally said

"######", got out of the taxi, and slammed the read passenger door.

Well, if he didn't understand the word "######", he must've

understood my tone of voice and the percussion from the door closing I

got into the back seat of a taxi behind him, told the driver where I

wanted to go, and got a nod of approval. While waiting for the traffic

to clear, the driver of the first taxi was able to finally get out and

come back to my new taxi. He was PISSED ! I'd locked my door to

prevent unwanted company, and as he gave me the finger, I merely

pointed to his face and then to my dick. This completely agitated the

gent to the point that I was about to unlock the door and kick it

open...which would've sent him half-way up to Soi 4. About then, my

taxi driver asked if I would like him to call the police. He asked

TWICE. Clearly, my new taxi driver was a different breed. I declined

the offer and off we went.

Last month, the same ###### thing happened (in front of the Landmark

again). (No it wasn't a taxi waiting...the driver had just let off a

passenger.) This time, upon the driver refusing to take me to Pantip,

I merely said "khop khun", got out, and let the rear passenger door

remain open while I took a taxi behind him. Of course, the heavy

traffic kept him from getting out and going back to close it for a

while. Not sure how long, as my new taxi was up the street while he

was still trying to get a break in cars so he could get out and close

the door.

Just a small bit of revenge, but if it caught on, maybe some of the

idiots driving taxis would get the picture.

I'm currently in UK but moving over there shortly so interested in sections like this.

I was over there visiting my son in January and he is very sensitive to Thai culture and protocols to his credit.

He wouldn't take me to Koh San Road (he hates the place) but his wife took me there and, from what I saw, can't blame him his reluctance.

We also travelled by train down to Chumpong for the boat to Ko Tao and the behaviour of some of the 'backpackers' even I found quite insenstive and offensive.

Unfortunately both you and the Thais had better brace yourself for worse to come.

There have been an number of articles and programmes over here recently about the problem, in particular in relation to the 'sex tourist' and the yobbish element finding their way there.

This are the kind of lager louts who would terrorise Blackpool until cheap air travel enabled them to get at the cheap booze on the Spanish Costas.

Unfortunately, they can now get as far as Thailand - for pretty much the same as it costs to get to Spain. In fact, in one article I read it said that British Airways alone was flying 5 Jumbos a week directly to Bangkok.

Unfortunately the thought of cheap booze and cheap fanny (Americans read 'pussy') available it aint gonna get any better.

Probably best for me, when I eventually arrive over, there to avoid the tourists spots altogether - after all, the reason for moving over there in the first place is to get away from these hideous ars*holes !

:o

I'm currently in UK but moving over there shortly so interested in sections like this.

I was over there visiting my son in January and he is very sensitive to Thai culture and protocols to his credit.

He wouldn't take me to Koh San Road (he hates the place) but his wife took me there and, from what I saw, can't blame him his reluctance.

We also travelled by train down to Chumpong for the boat to Ko Tao and the behaviour of some of the 'backpackers' even I found quite insenstive and offensive.

Unfortunately both you and the Thais had better brace yourself for worse to come.

There have been an number of articles and programmes over here recently about the problem, in particular in relation to the 'sex tourist' and the yobbish element finding their way there.

This are the kind of lager louts who would terrorise Blackpool until cheap air travel enabled them to get at the cheap booze on the Spanish Costas.

Unfortunately, they can now get as far as Thailand - for pretty much the same as it costs to get to Spain. In fact, in one article I read it said that British Airways alone was flying 5 Jumbos a week directly to Bangkok.

Unfortunately the thought of cheap booze and cheap fanny (Americans read 'pussy') available it aint gonna get any better.

Probably best for me, when I eventually arrive over, there to avoid the tourists spots altogether - after all, the reason for moving over there in the first place is to get away from these hideous ars*holes !

Sad innit really!!

Just give it some time and there will be a Thai backlash of epic proportions. Maybe this needed to happen sooner or later to get rid of some of the scum polluting thailand.

Just give it some time and there will be a Thai backlash of epic proportions. Maybe this needed to happen sooner or later to get rid of some of the scum polluting thailand.

Running battles between groups of hooligans VS Thai guys...There will only be one winner, and I'd pay money to see that!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was in the supermarket in Banglampoo. A farang girl and two blokes were in there looking for salted cashew nuts.

"Are they salted when they are growing or after they are picked? I don't know which sort you want" she asked them.

Oh My Buddha! Words fail me!