Idiotic Tourist Acts I Have Seen Recently

DJ Pat

Most stupid thing I have seen a farang do recently was in a pub in BKK, me, hubby & friend sitting enjoying the live music & minding our own business when a young pissed up farang boy comes in with a high so thai girl & took our mates chair whilst she was in the loo, hubby took it back & told him someone was using it. Fair enough you'd think?? No, the young farang guy then started to give hubby dirty looks whilst the thai girl was telling him to calm down. He didn't stop & was really starting to piss me off too & hubby obviously took offense to this idiot looking him up & down & he was very close to getting a kicking. What stopped it, a couple of boxer thai guys watching the exchange decided that our table was a great place to stand & spent a good 10mins eyeballing this young guy until he got the message & stopped acting like a <deleted>. Was nice of them actually as none of us knew these thai guys but they saw a young pissed up guy trying to make trouble for no reason (stupid really, have only seen hubs lose it once but it wasn't pleasant for the other person, issan guys really fight dirty) & decided to difuse the situation with a bit of simple intimidation :D When we got up to leave the thai girl came & apologised & I felt quite sorry for her as it wasn't her fault & hubby just told her to forget it but explain to her friends about having manners in LOS :o

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most stupid thing I have seen a farang do recently was in a pub in BKK, me, hubby & friend sitting enjoying the live music & minding our own business when a young pissed up farang boy comes in with a high so thai girl & took our mates chair whilst she was in the loo, hubby took it back & told him someone was using it. Fair enough you'd think?? No, the young farang guy then started to give hubby dirty looks whilst the thai girl was telling him to calm down. He didn't stop & was really starting to piss me off too & hubby obviously took offense to this idiot looking him up & down & he was very close to getting a kicking. What stopped it, a couple of boxer thai guys watching the exchange decided that our table was a great place to stand & spent a good 10mins eyeballing this young guy until he got the message & stopped acting like a <deleted>. Was nice of them actually as none of us knew these thai guys but they saw a young pissed up guy trying to make trouble for no reason (stupid really, have only seen hubs lose it once but it wasn't pleasant for the other person, issan guys really fight dirty) & decided to difuse the situation with a bit of simple intimidation :D When we got up to leave the thai girl came & apologised & I felt quite sorry for her as it wasn't her fault & hubby just told her to forget it but explain to her friends about having manners in LOS :D

well theres only one white guy in bangkok thats good enough to date thai girls with a few $$, must have been him :D

Mentioning no names :o

nothing too recent, but i have constantly seen tourists treating all thai girls as if they are "working girls" (my wife included)

Mine works behind a desk in a classy hotel and still gets "offers" from these idiots. :D

I think I mentioned this one before but a backpacker on a bus in Chaing Rai with his flip-flop covered feet hanging up over the top of the seat in front of him and some older Thai woman (60-ish) cringing down in the seat. :o

A guy teasing a Burmese kid by offering a coin, and pulling it away like some would tease a dog to make it jump for a treat.

cv

Not just a tourist trate, I saw a Thai girl doing the 20 baht trick with a Burmese boy just a month or so back. Start shouting at me "leave my country!" went I pulled her up on it. :D

Having got that off your chest, go back and read the thread again carefully.As for me it's too hot on this Songkran afternoon to think more about this any more.
OK Boz, Will do.
Professor,I am not teasing this time but you are really so preoccupied with class that it distorts your judgement.In the anecdote above Gerry from North London banging on about picturesque Thailand is a rather silly though no doubt well meaning professional person, probably middle or upper middle class -right? It is completely inconceivable that the same Gerry in KSR would be such a thoughtless scumbag as illustrated in your anecdote.Let's face it while not impossible that such a creep would be of the educated middle class, its much more likely he would be a stereotypical modern British prole.So your anecdote doesn't really make any sense.Surely on reflection, because I can see you are no fool, you recognise I at least have a point.

:o:D:D

On your first para I actually agree with you.The upper classes can be abominably rude but it tends to be verbal, or through showing indifference.It would be unlikely however to take the form of banging somebody on the head in KSR.I also agree the decency of the traditional working class:my father was a great example.My use of the word "prole" is simply to differentiate the scummier element.

Did I miss something Boris..........? If you still think I'm the class obsessed one with clouded judgement maybe you have been out in the sun too long...........

Not just a tourist trate, I saw a Thai girl doing the 20 baht trick with a Burmese boy just a month or so back. Start shouting at me "leave my country!" went I pulled her up on it. :o

What a bitc* !!!! She is treating the poor boy with such despicable behavior of hers and then taking you on with some nationalistic/racist garbage !

Sad !

The world doesn't need such people !

Regards,

Jem

Mine works behind a desk in a classy hotel and still gets "offers" from these idiots.  :o 

so you must have been the first succesful one then :D

No, I never paid for her. Someone flirting is one thing, but offereing $$$ is lame.

cv

I dunno about sophisticated issues, but I really hates foreighers who try to act like they belong in front of local who don't think so, but try to be polite/calm in such circus. - rafangs dressed in thai farmer dress, ngarafs speaking/wai`ing to every one, other idiots called westerners "farang" i face. It's all really pitty, that's nothing to do with an idiot brit who tried to bargain on KS Road.

Ps and surely farang songkhrang fest.

Manners are not country dependant......its an individual trait..... :o

I would tend to agree with this but some countries do have more respectful people than others. Whether it's genuine or not, Japan has some really well-mannered & respectful people.

I heard about one where a girl was sitting in a tuk-tuk and a couple of farangs (with "TOURIST" practically tatooed on their foreheads) were in another tuk-tuk beside hers. They shouted to her "How much?" and laughed and snickered like it was the funniest thing ever. Jerks.. :o

New years eve Samui

Outside Cocoboncos...veryrutted dirt road...now sealed.

Two very pissed and ugly bald headed scotsmen came to grief in a rut.

The bar opposite all screamed with laughter at them.

20 mins later these two pratts came back armed with clubs and proceeded to abuse and threaten the people in the bar.

Some thai boys disarmed them and then the girls got hold the the clubs and dealt with them.

Standard Moronic falangs you see pissed outside green mango every night.

Saw another last week

Usual ugly tatooed lager lout bodybuilder picking on a young guy half his size.

He had his ugly mug two inches from this young guys face ,young guy to his credit stood his ground until Fugly kinghits him.

What a tosser.

Cant they keep this activity in their soccer stadiums back home.

Mine works behind a desk in a classy hotel and still gets "offers" from these idiots.  :o 

so you must have been the first succesful one then :D

No, I never paid for her. Someone flirting is one thing, but offereing $$$ is lame.

cv

i never saw $$$ mentioned, but a good old flirt is still ok, how do you otherwise know is she is willing or not :D

back to topic...crazy thing i saw once many years ago in patpong when a farang showed of the girls by lighting a havana with a bt500 bill, guess what, within seconds he had all the thai thugs beating the sh1t out of him, from stories i heard later he was deported person non grata on a stretcher :D

I have this vision of a North London dinner party sometime over the coming Summer. Gerry will be pouring Simon a lager.

'So Simon, tell us all about your trip to Thailand this Spring. How was it?'

'Oh it was a truly cultural experience Gerry. Picture the sight of ancient temple ruins resplendent in the sunlight, the steamy rainforest as seen from elephant-back, we had a real cultural insight'

'So did it all go without a hitch'

Yah, except when I got twatted on Khao San Road but it wasn't my fault. That place is such a tourist trap that someone must have pissed him off before I gave him a playful pat on the head...........'

Professor,I am not teasing this time but you are really so preoccupied with class that it distorts your judgement.In the anecdote above Gerry from North London banging on about picturesque Thailand is a rather silly though no doubt well meaning professional person, probably middle or upper middle class -right? It is completely inconceivable that the same Gerry in KSR would be such a thoughtless scumbag as illustrated in your anecdote.Let's face it while not impossible that such a creep would be of the educated middle class, its much more likely he would be a stereotypical modern British prole.So your anecdote doesn't really make any sense.Surely on reflection, because I can see you are no fool, you recognise I at least have a point.

Boris,here is some technical Thai Visa jargon:

1) A witty retort: a lot of people use this form of conversation to show their views in a light hearted manner.

2) A joke: Some of our more humerous writers use this instead of a witty retort.

3) Light hearted banter: Normally used between two or more people that know each other.

4) Take the p1ss: An outsider commenting on no.3

5) Tongue in cheek (not to be confused with tongue in arsch): A remark not to be taken too seriousl,but serious enough to provoke outbursts from the more touchy poster.(See 6)

6) A stupid pillock: Someone like you who can't understand no's 1-5

Difficult to know what point is being made here.Still being called a "stupid pillock" indicates strong feelings are involved.I therefore checked his website proudly displayed a photograph of the guy.Without wishing to be unkind,it told me all I needed to know.

Walking home one (not too late) evening i passed 2 israeli guys arguing with a BG over how much, trying to get her to drop the price. As they see me walk past they had the cheek to ask me if i wanted to go 3rds to make it cheaper for them? Huh! Not sure if thats stupid or just ###### ignorant. Told the Thai girl in Thai then repeated it in English for the benefit of the israeli tossers that she could do better than them, then carried on home... ALONE. Yuk still makes me shudder. :o

DJ Pat - have comfort that he would have been smacked anywhere in the world for behaviour like this.

or even worse in some other part of the world :o

I'm beginning to think that these stupid and disrespectful tourists are the same anti-social behaviour from the UK. Except that they just have little bit more money to go and do stupid acts in other part of the world.

I have this vision of a North London dinner party sometime over the coming Summer. Gerry will be pouring Simon a lager.

'Oh it was a truly cultural experience Gerry. Picture the sight of ancient temple ruins resplendent in the sunlight, the steamy rainforest as seen from elephant-back, we had a real cultural insight'

Yah, except when I got twatted on Khao San Road but it wasn't my fault. That place is such a tourist trap that someone must have pissed him off before I gave him a playful pat on the head...........'

1) A witty retort: a lot of people use this form of conversation to show their views in a light hearted manner.

2) A joke: Some of our more humerous writers use this instead of a witty retort.

3) Light hearted banter: Normally used between two or more people that know each other.

5) Tongue in cheek (not to be confused with tongue in arsch): A remark not to be taken too seriousl,but serious enough to provoke outbursts from the more touchy poster.(See 6)

Difficult to know what point is being made here.Still being called a "stupid pillock" indicates strong feelings are involved.I therefore checked his website proudly displayed a photograph of the guy.Without wishing to be unkind,it told me all I needed to know.

Tut..............found out again :o

I once saw a guy p.issed as a fart fall down the stairs at nana plaza, I bet he wished nobody saw it. :o

Was that the guy with his pants around his ankles and that feathery thing sticking out of you know where ? :D

I'll be he wishes nobody took a picture of it ! :D

Tut..............found out again :o

Excellent good natured reply.Good on you.I will visit your caff in Surin one day but better not reveal myself as Boris!

In my recent travels to erm, "Tourist Hot Spots" I've noticed a strange phenomenon of people who seem to be genuinely offended that few/no Thais around them speak English. It was really quite surreal. And yet, they perservere-"No, No! Cheaper! Cheaper!".......

Amazing.

people who seem to be genuinely offended that few/no Thais around them speak English. 

I saw a guy get angry over this. His mates were egging him on to start a fight with the younger guy at the stall who spoke pidgin English.

I wish they had tried to start a fight!

In my recent travels to erm, "Tourist Hot Spots" I've noticed a strange phenomenon of people who seem to be genuinely offended that few/no Thais around them speak English.  It was really quite surreal.  And yet, they perservere-"No, No!  Cheaper!  Cheaper!".......

Amazing.

Speaking louder makes it easier to understand though. :o

cv

Sure does! The lonely planet told me so!

The Lonely Planet lists the only pub in Surin as 'The Country Roads Guest House'

This closed down five years ago after the owner started ripping off tourists sent to him by............................................................'The Lonely Planet'

I have contacted their head office and office in Australia many times but they are so ignorant they don't even reply.

Sorry :o

Edited by lampard10

When I was shopping for CDs down Khao Sarn Road I could hear an english guy with his girlfriend haggling very loudly and obnoxiously, he had no intention of buying anything and was saying things like " I buy ten CD 400 baht ok" which was well out of a discount range but it was his tone of voice and he never noticed the Thai guys sitting nearby. The poor girl at the stall was an inch away from saying <deleted> off.

He gives up and heads to his next port of call, a wooden elephant stall next to the Cd stall. When again he's again being very over-bearing in that typical British "I'm more superior than you at the office" kind of way he's tapping all the wooden elephants on the head saying "I buy all 100 Baht" Then he goes too far and you all know this is unacceptable and he deserved what he got:

He was gesticulating in a very over the top way saying "Why no discount why no discount" then he did the unthinkable: He tapped the guys head and said "What you have no Buddha in your head?"

The Thai guy just flipped and whacked the Brit full on the nose with a punch and the <deleted> went sprawling over clutching his water bottle, then his girlfriend turned to me and said "Can you help us? Do you speak Thai?"

I said "He's beyond help now, have you read a guide to etiquette in Thailand about touching heads and the Buddhist religion?"

"No"

"Then I suggest your boyfriend reads one"

A few Thais held back their friend and the I was so sure the guy was going to say "But I'm British, how can he do that to me?

I walked off shaking my head.

I say old bean, Jolly unfair of you to remonstrate with folks from Ol' Blighty. I rather thought we were considered gentlemen. typical Brits?? or typical of the place you experience such atrocities?