Will King's Birthday Effect Daily Life?

Soulwy

You will have no problem. Don't worry.

The official celebration is the next Monday anyway, the 5th falling in the weekend.

The compensation holiday is Monday, but surely the celebrations are on the 5th?

Either way, it will only affect the area where events are organized. I wouldn't let it affect my planning.

You will have no problem. Don't worry.

The official celebration is the next Monday anyway, the 5th falling in the weekend.

There will be no problems traveling. Only the boozers/losers who can't go 24 hours without their beer/bargirl fix will be upset because the bars are closed.

Do the bars close on a Royal public holiday?, just thought it was elections and religious (Buddhist) holidays.

In our town every year, a big parade and concerts in the evening, plenty of beer about too :)

Well they normally close on the Kings Birthday although you will always find somewhere to drink no matter where you are.

Most is called off...so go and figure!

Correct - BBC Wolrd Service (radio) is reporting this morning that His Majesty will not be attending any of the key events in recognition of his brithday this year, and will also not be giving his address to the nation. His Majesty remains in hospital - since been admitted in September.

I'm sure all on THai Visa will share with me in wishing His Majesty a speedy recovery and return good health.