Chiang Mai Plastic

eek

It is on the soi that is directly opposite Changklan rd , off Tapae Rd. About 100 metres along the soi there is a right turn with a hospital on the corner to take you back to towards the River - Chiang Mai plastic is about 30 metres past that turn on the left. The store is a long labrynth type place and actually connects with the next soi, so alternatively you could take the small soi that is next along Tapae Rd. That soi is opposite Thapae soi 1 and it is the soi with lots of stores selling hilltribe-made woven cloth. Along that soi Chiang Mai plastic is on the right-hand side just as the road bends to the left.

Thanks Kevin!

I saw on this thread that you were posting and i was thinking to myself "Cmon Kevin, cmon, type faster!" :) Just that i only have free time today this morning, so was in a "i really want to check out this chiang mai plastic place" mood.

Appreciate the detailed directions. Cheers! :D

Edit: OH, thank you too Priceless!

Edited by eek

Thanks Kevin!

I saw on this thread that you were posting and i was thinking to myself "Cmon Kevin, cmon, type faster!" :) Just that i only have free time today this morning, so was in a "i really want to check out this chiang mai plastic place" mood.

Appreciate the detailed directions. Cheers! :D

Edit: OH, thank you too Priceless!

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?client=opera...009645&z=17

Look on this map . the store runs between Witchayanon and Kuang Maen rd.

Hmm..ok i can see roughly where it is now. Thank you both. On second thoughts though, knowing the location, i think ill go another morning. I think this morning will be quite bad for traffic! Maybe tomorrow morning will be less hectic (or is there a better time?). Hoping there is a parking area too (although ill only be on a scooter, not going by car). When i go ill take some pics of the location for others.

Thanks again. :)

I don't think Chiang Mai Plastic is open on Sundays.

At least that's what Hubby reported last Sunday when he trotted over there in search of a toilet plunger after the one that came with our "new" place gave up the ghost mid-plunge. He ended up taking a song thaew over to our old 'hood where he knew he could get one at Central KSK on a Sunday, leaving me to mop up the mess in our new place and reaching the conclusion that "yeah, I think there's a good reason why so many bathrooms in public toilets in the old city have signs about not putting TP down the toilet".

Sorry, Eek, but it really wasn't so bad. The TP caused the problem. I've cleaned up a lot worse. It was interesting how Hubby seized on the need for a new toilet plunger to exit the baan and turn his quest into a cross-town trip! But, he did get a really nice plunger at Central, imported all the way from the United States!

Sorry, Eek, but it really wasn't so bad. The TP caused the problem. I've cleaned up a lot worse. It was interesting how Hubby seized on the need for a new toilet plunger to exit the baan and turn his quest into a cross-town trip! But, he did get a really nice plunger at Central, imported all the way from the United States!

Lived in the United Kingdom for 42 years and never needed a plunger! Is the American plumbing as bad as here?

Iain

Actually, yes, American plumbing can be as bad as it is here. Usually, it's not the plumbing, per se, that causes the problems but the newer regulations requiring water-saving toilets. We lived close to Canada and many people would go there to buy the "old-fashioned" non-water saving toilets just because they worked so much better.

Plus, we lived in an area with a high water table and no municipal sewer system, which means we had a septic system. During rainy periods the ground over our septic field was an absolute marsh with stuff backing up in our drains. I would go to a laundromat "in town" sometimes because I knew several loads of laundry would totally overwhelm our septic system and we'd pay the price with non-functioning toilets.

As I told Eek, I've cleaned up a lot worse that what I cleaned up last Sunday and Hubby was so happy to find a really good, American-made toilet plunger here rather than the wimpy one that came with our new place and soon died. Of course, that toilet plunger cost as much as a nice evening out!

Its probably not a good idea to get into a tp versus water hose debate.. :) but..i cant help but commenting that little device is a stroke of genius. :D

But now the subject has got me wondering what do they do with the waste paper that people put in bins? Just goes into the general rubbish, or is specially incinerated? Whats worse: our western sewers, or, bags of mixed "rubbish"? :D

Toilet talk from chiang Mai plastics..glad its well past dinner time!

(Spelling police: Apologies for syntax / grammar errors. I always get confused about whether to use ":" or ";" :D)

Edited by eek

I don't think Chiang Mai Plastic is open on Sundays.

Went there today (Sunday) and business as usual i.e. open. At least around 16pm.

Actually tried to go to the shop in between their exits... the kitchenware only

-shop but that (as most/all similar) was closed.