Ancient Coffee

tomahawk

Why not just watch the kaffae boran street vendors closely as they make it and try doing the same thing at home. I've seen the strainers, glasses and metal pitchers available at Tesco in the gadget section. The finely ground coffee and sweetened milk are sold at just about every supermarket.

I have never tried making it myself because it is so easy and cheap to buy on the street, but it appears all they do is place some coffee in the strainer (the amount would depend on your taste) and pour boiling water over it into the metal pitcher. Then pour the coffee into the small glasses leaving enough room to float some sweetened milk on top. Don't forget to get some bpa thong ko to eat while enjoying the coffee.

Edited by Groongthep

Thanks groongthep. However I am talking about the kind of coffee they make with the bag that looks like a sock. Sometimes it is a sock, I think. I have watched guy make it but still don't really know how. I asked him but he just laughed at me, as I guess he didn't believe a farang would really want to make this stuff.

I was surprised when I saw the "sock" method here, it reminded me of some of the best coffee I've ever had, in Costa Rica.

The method is simple. Buy some coarse ground coffee and the "sock" (sock and metal holder can be bought at Tesco), measure two level tablespoons of coffee per cup desired into the sock, use the metal holder to hang the sock over something to collect the liquid coffee, add whatever you like it with (I like mine black with sugar), and you're set!

Enjoy!

Thanks groongthep. However I am talking about the kind of coffee they make with the bag that looks like a sock. Sometimes it is a sock, I think. I have watched guy make it but still don't really know how. I asked him but he just laughed at me, as I guess he didn't believe a farang would really want to make this stuff.

The item below is what I meant when I said strainer. I guess it might look something like a sock. I've drank kafae boran many times from street carts and this has always been the thing they've used to strain the coffee.

Wit%20017%20330.jpg

upic-62.jpg

kafae boran

Edited by Groongthep