Chiangmai Zoo

LaoPo

Could someone please help me in sending me the (web)address as well as the email address of the CHIANG MAI ZOO ?

I found an email address but I'm afraid they won't answer me if I send an email in English.

Maybe one of the Chiang Mai Thaivisa expats know somebody in the office-staff or someone from the merchandise buying department who speaks/read English ?

Thank you :)

LaoPo

Ask them if there's any chance of closing it down along with the night safari?

Why is that ? :)

As far as I read, the Chiang Mai Zoo has some 700,000 visitors/year; not that I can check that number but it seems that the Zoo is quite famous since is has Giant Pandas also who "delivered" a baby Panda also some 2 years ago which is extremely rare, considering there are just 1,600 Pandas left, world wide (mainly in China of course).

Puzzled why you said the above.

LaoPo

No-one told CM Zoo that Panda's live in Bamboo forests and not places resembling Gingerbread Houses.

thanks for those encouraging words - we make our first visit to CM next week and the pandas are on the list - I had hopes of a decent environment; was appalled at the Phuket Zoo, conditions there just dreadful in my opinion, dull concrete cages all far too small, nil stimulation for the animals, we walked out of the monkey show - don't know what we expected, but certainly not what I'd consider cruelty, animals behaving through fear.

But we must see the pandas . . . can't take the kids so photos are expected.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

How was the trip in CM, and how was the little panda (Lin Ping), is she so cute? i really want to see her.

Note to readers: this post was written by one of my English language students, practicing her English. Please help by replying. Thanks,

Ajarn Nathan

No-one told CM Zoo that Panda's live in Bamboo forests and not places resembling Gingerbread Houses.

thanks for those encouraging words - we make our first visit to CM next week and the pandas are on the list - I had hopes of a decent environment; was appalled at the Phuket Zoo, conditions there just dreadful in my opinion, dull concrete cages all far too small, nil stimulation for the animals, we walked out of the monkey show - don't know what we expected, but certainly not what I'd consider cruelty, animals behaving through fear.

But we must see the pandas . . . can't take the kids so photos are expected.

Don't listen to Uptheos. Personally, I like the Chiang Mai zoo. It makes a great walk if you want to see all the exhibits. Children love it as well. But, the pandas always seem to be sleeping when I take someone.

panda_1.sized.jpg

giraffe_1.sized.jpg

Black_panther_1.sized.jpg

Hippo_1.sized.jpg

White_tiger_1.sized.jpg

Orang likes it just this much...

Oran_2.sized.jpg

Lili Singkrut loved her day at the zoo.

Lili_Singkrut_4.sized.jpg

Lili_Singkrut_8.sized.jpg