American Scuba Diving Teacher Found Dead On Remote Mountain In Chon Buri

webfact

I agree it's v. odd there appears to be no soot on the windows, in the one photo of the car, you can see straight through in side. Photos showing the inside of the vehicle show no soot. Even the charcoal package shows no soot residue, including the snow white patch on it.

This could be another botched investigation in a long list of same - by Thai investigators.

I agree it's v. odd there appears to be no soot on the windows, in the one photo of the car, you can see straight through in side. Photos showing the inside of the vehicle show no soot. Even the charcoal package shows no soot residue, including the snow white patch on it.

This could be another botched investigation in a long list of same - by Thai investigators.

Charcoal gives off carbon monoxide, which is a a colorless gas. If he let the bricquets burn outside the car until they were coals, then put the BBQ inside the car, it could be there would be no soot that would stick to the windows. Before all the CSI members of TV weigh in, prove that it in fact would give off soot that could discolor the windows.

Didn't it also say there was a note? Very likely this was suicide. Not all deaths in Thailand are nefarious, though some certainly are. Perhaps the armchair forensics guys want to move on to a new case.

Charcoal gives off carbon monoxide, which is a a colorless gas. If he let the bricquets burn outside the car until they were coals, then put the BBQ inside the car, it could be there would be no soot that would stick to the windows. Before all the CSI members of TV weigh in, prove that it in fact would give off soot that could discolor the windows.

Didn't it also say there was a note? Very likely this was suicide. Not all deaths in Thailand are nefarious, though some certainly are. Perhaps the armchair forensics guys want to move on to a new case.

Where do you see mention of a "note" Please advise where this is stated as I seem to have missed that.

Charcoal does not produce CO. Rather, is is a byproduct of the combustion of the charcoal product. In this scenario, there cannot be CO unless there was combustion. The combustion of charcoal even at the "coal" stage will still produce an oily soot that will stick to surfaces. It is visible. Try it for yourself. Light a small charcoal fire and wait until the fire burns down and then put a cover over the container. I guarantee that you will have a visible grime.

Ok, but let's say this was special charcoal that does not leave a residue. If the coals were still burning, even at the end stage, there would still be heat generated sufficient to heat the container. Look at the amount of charcoal in the bbq. It's a lot of charcoal. What temperature do you think the charcoal was smoldering at? Wouldn't the hot surface of the bbq deform the carpet fibers?

Yes, your scenario is plausible. However, another plausible scenario is that the deceased had the bbq in his trunk because he had used it prior to the event and had never bothered to empty it. He could have then suffered a a sudden death due to something like a heart attack or an aneurysm. And that is my point. Only an autopsy will provide a reliable indication in this case. Assuming that this is a suicide is not fair. People die from natural causes under unusual circumstances. People also go to great lengths to conceal murders.

Yes, quite plausible.