Truemove Mobile Phone Hassles

lovenim

I am on a pay-as-you-go scheme with TRUE on my mobile.

I have come to thoroughly despise their service already because it seems I keep paying more than i should.

Staff keep giving me (or my gf, in Thai) conflicting info regarding the "promotion" I have chosen (a very nice one where calls and texts to fellow TRUE users are very cheap all the time).

At first, even though I had opted for one and was told it would be active straightaway, it never did get activated,

and calls & texts cost me more than expected. Several complaints and enquiries later, on the phone and in the shop,

we learn that said promotion doesn't exist any more and that I can have another... later, on another day, we were informed of another promotion, different yet again, but none as good as the first one we never got... Then there was a reasonably attractive one, so we opted for that... onyl to find out that you need to dial some stupid activation code day, and thsi will cost you 5 Baht every day as well... goddammit, who do they think they are? Initially we were told that there was no need to do this and to pay daily for the service. Changing the promotion again now would cost another 33 baht...

Anyway, rant over!

My questions:

1) Has anyone else had similar grievances with TrueMove on their cellphone?

2) What alternatives do I have? (Within True, are there promotions all the staff are too stupid to tell me about, or is there another provider that has better pricing)

Ideally I am looking for a provider that

1) allows me to make sms text messages for LESS than 3 baht (that is more than the price in Europe, I mean come on!)

2) doesn't spam me with indecipherable spam messages on a daily basis

thanks

PS : I do not use True for my internet service. The place i am renting has a Loxinfo Adsl service that works very well and had decent customer service as well, and is paid by the landlord :))