Outlook 2010 Beta

Deke

Are .pst files generated by Outlook 2010 the same as those generated by Outlook 2007?

I'm setting up Windows 7 to dual boot with Windows XP and currently running Outlook 2007 with XP. I'd like to install the Outlook 2010 beta on the Windows 7 partition and point it to the same .pst file. Does anybody see any problem with this?

I don't want to open the file in Outlook 2010 only to have it not be readable in Outlook 2007.

I'm not sure, but I do know that I used to have outlook 2007 installed on my computer, uninstalled it to use thunderbird instead. When office 2010 beta came out I installed that, and first time I opened outlook it was like it had been installed all the time, all my mail folders were there all mails where there all contacts where there everything.

I am using Windows 7 Pro and downloaded Live Essentials. I never liked Outlook Express and don't like this Windows Live either. A friend of mine sends eml files sometimes and I can't open them. There is no eml file in Windows 7 to associate with Live Mail.

After trying to fix it and having no luck, I downloaded Thunderbird and it works. It opens the eml files without any fiddling.

Perhaps you would be far better off using the microsoft forums to get an answer.

Go ahead and take a look, I did, there are NO answers.

Exactly. I guess I'll just do it (after a backup) and see what happens.

A quick google found this which may help http://www.overclock.net/other-software/54...10-awesome.html

I don't have Outlook and didn't have it before. The free Outlook Express would open the eml files and the new Live Mail will NOT. Some sites have fixes but they don't work. They tell you to associate the eml files with Windows Live. Win 7 has no eml file to associate.

I am using Windows 7 Pro and downloaded Live Essentials. I never liked Outlook Express and don't like this Windows Live either. A friend of mine sends eml files sometimes and I can't open them. There is no eml file in Windows 7 to associate with Live Mail.

After trying to fix it and having no luck, I downloaded Thunderbird and it works. It opens the eml files without any fiddling.

Lets keep the thread on topic please, any answers about Outlook 2010? I'm interested also.