New Mcdonalds At Thapae Gate

Ulysses G.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McD's coffee is pretty good for washing down their yummy breakfasts.

As for the 'food fascists' grab a veggie burger at Mikes Burgers, not bad at all.

I like the comment earlier in the thread about wingeing and complaining your way to a long life, or just getting on with it and enjoying it while you can...

The later appeals to me. Life's to short to be fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon-McCartney).

UG ... re .... McDonalds at Thapae Gate had a big opening party tonight for employees and according to the signs it will be open for business tomorrow: Tuesday 22 December.

it certainly looks like it ( pic taken 9 30 pm 21 dec 09 ) but i dont think ill be a customer.

burgers are naff / #rap in my opinion !

give me the beef stew from the old bell anyday .... thats a meal :)

dave2 ... a non coffee drinker.

McD's coffee is pretty good for washing down their yummy breakfasts.

As for the 'food fascists' grab a veggie burger at Mikes Burgers, not bad at all.

I like the comment earlier in the thread about wingeing and complaining your way to a long life, or just getting on with it and enjoying it while you can...

The later appeals to me. Life's to short to be fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon-McCartney).

Chances are if you eat and drink this crap every week you won't be living a long life so please do enjoy it.

If complaining means living longer, I will live with the latter.

Awesome!!

Will write up a detailed report as soon as I get a chance to visit.

A detailed report? It's McDonald's. Aren't they all the same? I thought that was the point - been to one you've been to them all.

Hehehe, I thought I'd catch some with that remark. :) But I was actually serious, and I'll find a way to make it unique....

Ok I really planned to do a review today but there was just nowhere to park there. Possibly the hotel parking can be used, but not sure if that would be free or not. I didn't bother to find out.

I believe you can park in the hotel parking lot behind the hotel itself. The parking lot has Mcdonalds signs pointing you into the hotel and through the hotel lobby. I parked there yesterday evening with no issues.

Review: Fast friendly service, decent spoken English, clean, and food was as expected. When I was there, there was some added entertainment when a British woman was getting agitated because she insisted on ordering "chips" and the girls at the counter didn't understand what she was asking for. :)

-Mestizo

No meat, no capitalism. You better get rid of democracy first. :D

Agreed. And, following Femi Fan's logic we better have all caucasions physically removed from Thailand for infiltrating their previously wonderful life style.

:)

However, it's been my observation that most Asians have little regard for the environment and eat everything that crawls, slithers, slides, hops, climbs, jumps, runs, swims, flies or lies there inert... to a point of total extermination. If it's meat it's to eat.

Oh, and I thought the original topic was about MacDonald's coffee. :D

Not being a coffee fanatic I pretty much don't care. When I drink it it's black and hot.

i don't think you know what the words 'authentic' and 'character' mean...

I know what StevieH is saying regards character and authenticity. Them Golden Arches is part and parcel of the slippery slope toward the norm and loss of uniqueness.

True to an extent but the problem is most of the concrete box shop houses that make up Chiang Mai had no character in the first place, someone pointed out in an earlier post Chiang Mai should have started preserving its heritage in a better way a long while back, it's past the turning point now. That concrete monstrosity of a hotel won't become anymore of an eyesore because of a McD's infront of it.

Yes, but in this context, what it looked like is neither here not there, it's what it's going to become... the norm.

Yes! And sad, too.

Took the kids to KFC last week, food is so "plastic" looking, and completely tasteless. McD's exactly the same of course, unhealthy, overpriced, over-processed crap unfit for a soi dog. Occasionally it is a break or change in routine and harmless, overindulgence is bad for the health.

However, I don't believe in a Fascist or Marxist Big Brother telling us what to do or not do, so agree McD's should be able to open wherever they want. And come on the vision impaired, as correctly pointed out by other posters, Thapae is flush with bars and unsightly dumps that haven't seen paint in 20 years. Toss in the late night Trannys and hey lets be honest it isn't a class act. How is a Maccas gonna drag that image down? :)

I do not know about the vision impaired but I went there tonight so I could writeareview of their Muffins and coffee but had to go without. THe place is not accessible to wheelchairs. A bad move for the hotel but I thought that McDonalds had accessibility as a requirement in their franchise agreements. I can understand in old places but not in the new ones. It is just plain bad business,

Actually, if you look to the right when you enter the area with the the stairs, there is a wheelchair ramp that goes towards the hotel entrance and can be easily used for McDonalds as well. It may be that it is not for very wide wheel chairs. It is hard for me to say.

The bad news is that they have not put in a station for the muffins and other deserts yet, although they plan to in the future.

Actually, if you look to the right when you enter the area with the the stairs, there is a wheelchair ramp that goes towards the hotel entrance and can be easily used for McDonalds as well. It may be that it is not for very wide wheel chairs. It is hard for me to say.

The bad news is that they have not put in a station for the muffins and other deserts yet, although they plan to in the future.

Thanks UG I was surprised. Maybe they wll have to tell their security guard. He was quite definite there was no ramp. This is one post I am happy t be corrected on,.

Yes, the English level of the staff is quite good for "do you want to Supersize that?" But they think 'chips' are a bag of Lay's, and cannot carry on a conversation about Ray Kroc's widow's charitable donation to religions.

Ever try to ask a question in A McDonalds in Los Angeles? :):D

habla espanol?

harry.

after what you said about there being no ramp i thought there might be one in the car park round the back and there is but theres a fairly steep ramp at the entrance to the car park but a guard there to help you

ug is aso right about the one at the front

enjoy your muffins and coffee : )

dave2

Yes, the English level of the staff is quite good for "do you want to Supersize that?" But they think 'chips' are a bag of Lay's, and cannot carry on a conversation about Ray Kroc's widow's charitable donation to religions.

Ever try to ask a question in A McDonalds in Los Angeles? :):D

habla espanol?

Domino's Pizza didn't speak English or Italian in southern Tapachula, Chiapas, but they made great Italian Sausage pizza.

7 baht for an ice cream, and Ronald McDonald is wai-ing?

Was in Carrefour this afternoon; saw the McD reasonably busy there.

I think this Tapae Gate location will be their best ever in CM.

Disclaimer: I haven't eaten at McD in a decade or more.

I only do wheatgrass grown in Finland, delivered by non-flatulent reindeer.

I doubt if I have eaten one McDs in the last 30 years and I spend 1/2 the year in a #1 fast food town. No less than 14 fast food places in my neighborhood. The worst thing about McD is the the trash. If the trash situation isn't bad enough along the east side of Chaiphum, Rd McD's will push it over the top. What I find so especially annoying is the Europeans that carry lit cigarettes down the street. What a bunch of jerks. This could produce some good income for the local police. Just start fining people $300bt for carrying lit cigarette down the street and 1,000 for throwing down trash. BUTT FLIPPERS TAKE YOUR BUTTS WITH YOU. THE WORLD IS NOT YOUR ASHTRAY.