What The Devil Happened To Mnet?

LuckyLucas

I just spoke with Sophon and they told me they have been bombarded with complaints since they removed the station. This is a licensing issue and they recently received a letter from MNET ordering them to remove the channel. They told me that they will put some scrolling text on some of the channels to confirm what I said. They also said they will send me the letter they received from MNET. If it contains any further information I will publish it here.

Howard

Mnet was the only channel which at least had a few decent sitcoms to view. Did Sophon not mention how much a licence would be?

It seems there are loads of rubbish channels amongst the 62 they broadcast. I realise they have to cater for all tastes but they are a bit over the top with news channels.

I wonder how many channels they actually have licences for. Considering the monthly fee of 350 baht I suppose you cannot expect to much. I'm sure most people would not object to them upping the fee so they can broadcast some better channels. It has been 350 baht as far back as I can remember and that is 10 years, certainly good value for money if you compare it to UBC.

Maybe the could ask the Mayor for a donation as they seem to throw money away on dead end projects around Pattaya. Surely it would be more benificial to the local populace rather than: ie

spend millions of Baht on consultants on how to dispose of garbage to name only one project.

Cheers

how about some Discovery, National Geographic or History channels ??? Apart from the BCC world news there seems to be f -all else to watch..

Blame Truevisions (UBC) who have the sole re-transmission rights for those channels.

None of the other cable companies within Thailand are allowed to show those channels, even if they would be prepared to pay for them (which they wouldn't anyway)..

I used to have Sophon Cable 6 years ago, back then they even had live EPL football and some decent documentary channels.

Over the years they were all gradually removed one by one and then replaced with utter garbage or some non english speaking channels.

So if you want some decent TV to watch now, im afraid that UBC is the only option but a little expensive.

I used to have Sophon Cable 6 years ago, back then they even had live EPL football and some decent documentary channels.

Over the years they were all gradually removed one by one and then replaced with utter garbage or some non english speaking channels.

So if you want some decent TV to watch now, im afraid that UBC is the only option but a little expensive.

A mate told me Saturday night that he gets 3 channels on Sophon that show the EPL.

He was off home to watch the ManU game.

^^^

This is true. I've been watching EPL on Sophon every Fri ( 'til Sat a.m.) and Sat (same) for several weeks now. Since the start of the season actually. I think there was one weekend they did not not broadcast EPL.

Some nights you have a choice of games as they broadcast different games on different channels.

The channels are in the mid to high thirties.

^^^

This is true. I've been watching EPL on Sophon every Fri ( 'til Sat a.m.) and Sat (same) for several weeks now. Since the start of the season actually. I think there was one weekend they did not not broadcast EPL.

Some nights you have a choice of games as they broadcast different games on different channels.

The channels are in the mid to high thirties.

Well if that's the case all well and good, but how long will it last and how reliable is the broadcast?

UBC currently have 7 sport channels and can show up to 7 live EPL games at the same time, thats the main reason i,ve subscribed together with the 7 documentry channels.

^^^

So far , so good!

They also broadcast the Spanish League and UEFA, if I've got that right (I'm not from those parts).

EuroSport Live is quite good too, depending on the available events and the promoted sports of the month.

Well if this continues with Sophon, and they show live EPL every week, i might well revert back to them and ditch UBC and save myself some money!

I'll give it a while to see if they are broadcasting it reliably as TIT. :)