Vietnam Biker Need Help

giangha

Hi all!

I'm a biker living in vietnam, I currently own a honda gb400 clubman and a Yamaha SR400. I often work in your country (1 month/times, about 3 days in BKK).

As you knew, In where I am live, there is very little classic bike such as your country. So, I am very difficult to find bikes and spare part for classic bike. Now found this forum, I'm really excited because I will be have your help. I'm going to BKK on October 12, 2009 to work. I need you to help me some things:

_ Is there a market or showroom selling classic bike, custom parts and oginal parts for SR400/500, CB400SS, GB400 clubman... in BKK?

_ Is there dbigbike showroom in BKK? How to go there (what is the dbigbike's address in english?) 'cause i can't speak Thai.

_ How to transport to Vietnam if I buy a bike?

Sincerely thank you for reading this and hope to receive help from you.

giangha,

Hate to point it out.. But point 3.. They wont let a Thai bike into vietnam even temporarily..

Otherwise we would be including vietnam in the touring of the region.

sorry for these things make you mad. I think i just find some help and make a friendship.

So, minus the point 3... Have you help me about point 1&2?

Hate to point it out.. But point 3.. They wont let a Thai bike into vietnam even temporarily..

Sorry, wrong, plenty of bike tours to Vietnam on Thai registered bikes. See GT Rider site for a recent trip report including detailed information on how to obtain permission to bring a Thai registered bike into Vietnam. GT Rider is also a good resource for the parts you are looking for.

Happy Trails!

Sorry, wrong, plenty of bike tours to Vietnam on Thai registered bikes. See GT Rider site for a recent trip report including detailed information on how to obtain permission to bring a Thai registered bike into Vietnam. GT Rider is also a good resource for the parts you are looking for.

Happy Trails!

to BigBikeBKK: thank you very much for your info.

But i still need some info about the maket or showroom is sellling custom and original classic bike parts in BKK.

Is there dbigbike showroom in BKK? How to go there (what is the dbigbike's address in english?)

Thanks a lot :)

to BigBikeBKK: thank you very much for your info.

But i still need some info about the maket or showroom is sellling custom and original classic bike parts in BKK.

Is there dbigbike showroom in BKK? How to go there (what is the dbigbike's address in english?)

Thanks a lot :)

Cheers Giangha,

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with dbigbike.

There is a friendly and helpful biker on GT Rider named Franz who is an expert on restoring SR400 and SRX 400 and 500s and I'm sure he could help answer some of your questions regarding the sourcing of parts.

Good luck and Happy Trails!

Tony

Happy Trails!

WOW thats changed in last few months then ??

Cos last I read it required a communist guide to follow you around (spy on you) and big $$ to even enter.. Same like the china situation.. And that wouldnt mean import.

That info was from GT-R

sorry for these things make you mad. I think i just find some help and make a friendship.

So, minus the point 3... Have you help me about point 1&2?

Not mad at all, just sad that the information isnt what you are after..

Are you trying to buy a bike complete to import ?? Or parts for a bike ??

The problem is (and reason your not getting a clear answer) is that the CB400 and SR400's are not main dealer sold, so it then falls into the grey bike industry, and the grey bike sales and parts supply channels are very much hit and miss, its not like theres a single big showroom you can go to, see the models, select the parts you might want, etc..

The SR400 especially is not uncommon here, there are parts available, they just will need to be hunted down. What specifically are you after.

Edited by LivinLOS

Thanks for all biker who help me to get these info about the classic bike in BKK.

I had some good info from the GT rider, so thank you again and hope to meet you all someday

to BigBikeBKK:thank a lot about Franz

Thanks to all

Giang Ha.,