Dermatologist In Bagkok

michemiche

Michel,

You are not likely to find one speaking French but there are many who speak English. Please give us some idea of the type of problem because dermatologists tend to specialize, for example those who do cosmetic procedures and those who treat skin cancer usually not the same doctors.

I just need to burn out one small warts on one of my eyelids (very delicate).

Cannot use liquid nitrogen, coz to delicate here, but maybe with laser. I dont know really.

I know than dermatologist in france do that, but here in thailand i dont know.

thanx for your help.

They do laser removal in Thailand quite often. but am not sure if it can be safely done so close to the eye. If it can, will need to be done very, very carefully.

Suggest you try oneo f these doctors:

Bumrungrad Hospital

Dr. Niyom Tantikun

Specialty: Dermatology (Skin) - Laser Surgery

Language: Spoken: English,Teo Chew,Thai

Qualifications: Medical School:

- M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, 1984

Board Certifications:

- Diploma of The Thai Board of Dermatology, 1990

Assistant Professor, Mahidol University, Thailand

Fellowships:

- Laser in Dermatology, University of California, USA, 1993

- Mohs Micrographic Surgery, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery, USA, 1995

Special Clinical Interests:

- Laser Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery

Day Time Location

Mon 09:00 - 14:00 Skin Center

Tue 09:00 - 15:00 Skin Center

Wed 09:00 - 15:00 Skin Center

Thu 09:00 - 15:00 Skin Center

Fri 09:00 - 15:00 Skin Center

Sat 09:00 - 16:00 Skin Center

Samitivej Hospital

Doctor Name : Paritas Sukriket , M.D.

Specialty : DERMATOLOGY

Sub Specialty : ผิวหนัง (DERMATOLOGY)

Expertise : Dermatology

Language : ENGLISH THAI

Education :

Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Dermatology, Yale School of Medicine, Yale University

Diplomate American Board of Dermatology

• 4 weeks later...

I met a pretty female doctor who has MS in Dermatology from Boston University and a certificate from Harvard University in Dermatologic Laser at an American Chamber of Commerce Event. Her name is Siremon Thongsima. She's at Nakornthon Hospital on Rama II Road in Thonburi area (but only 20 mins taxi ride from Central World area). The clinic also has all the standard FDA/CE approved equipments.

I had visited there last month and was impressed with the doctor, nurses and the equipment they had. Best of all, the cost was actually reasonable.

• 5 months later...

I met a pretty female doctor who has MS in Dermatology from Boston University and a certificate from Harvard University in Dermatologic Laser at an American Chamber of Commerce Event. Her name is Siremon Thongsima. She's at Nakornthon Hospital on Rama II Road in Thonburi area (but only 20 mins taxi ride from Central World area). The clinic also has all the standard FDA/CE approved equipments.

I had visited there last month and was impressed with the doctor, nurses and the equipment they had. Best of all, the cost was actually reasonable.

If you remember, could you post the costs? Different people have different thoughts on what is reasonable. :) With the increase in fees at Bangkok hospitals in recent years, I am not sure if Singapore is still much more expensive. I know last year the consult fee was 76 SGN ($54USD, 1,760 THB), which I thought was high. As I will be in both Bangkok and Singapore in the next 60 days, I have some options.

PS In Singapore, I went to the National Skin Centre. An inexperienced dermatologist thought I had a suspicious growth. I went to National Skin Centre as they do MOHS surgery. Dr said it was not problem. I decided to have it removed anyway. Biopsy - no problems. Have NOT had Mohs at NSC. I would always check how often the surgeon performs MOHS surgery.

PPS Very happy with Dr and NSC.

My son (8) had to have some blisters on his eyelid removed. We went to Ramkhamhaeng Hospital where we were told that the procedure has to be made under anesthesia because the kid would not hold still and thus the laser tool might be too dangerous to use.

Things were done on a Saturday morning, it took about 3 hours in total and cost approx. THB 18,000.

Ramkhamhaeng is a very modern private hospital near our place. Building and equipment brand new. Doctor spoke perfect English and had a good hand with the kid. He said he has a son same age.