Happy Hanukkah

JewishSocietyOfChiangMai

Happy holidays to everyone!

This friday begins the jewish festival of lights. For those who wish to celebrate this special day and cannot find a how to package at their local 7-eleven, let us give you hand. We would be happy to provide you with all your festival needs. From candles to a local gala, let us know what will make your holiday shine bright! :)

Feel free to contact us at << by PM >>

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

David atWest Restaurant on Huay Kaew will make Latkes by order. I ordered some for a party next weekend. He is very accommodating and goes out of his way to please his clients. Another reason why it is so wonderful to live in CM.

So what's this got to do with Thailand???

Jews in Thailand enjoying their holiday, Kay?

http://www.jewishthailand.com/

Wrong holiday, but is there anywhere in Thailand where one can buy boxes of MATZOHS? I like it all year for cooking, but haven't had any since my boxes from the US ran dry.

From that site --

You will be amazed to learn how much the Torah is alive and relevant in the Royal Kingdom of Thailand.

I am non-religious, but I find that quote amusing. Yes, I would be amazed.

Edited by Jingthing

For those interested, this tuesday night, we will have a communal candle lighting celebration at khun churn, Nimman. Soi 17, at 7pm. Come and light candles, have some latkes and enjoy the holiday. Please RSVP by messaging me or at jewishsocietyCM at gmail.com

Hope to see you there :)

pls post several pix so others in the southern region can also share the festive occasion.... thx

I'm curious.... what exactly is the "Jewish Society of Chiang Mai?" From a legal point, there is not "society" classification for registration so I'm assuming that it's probably just an informal group?

While not Jewish myself, I have been able to celebrate several Jewish festivals over the years and enjoyed them all. Happy holidays.

For those interested, this tuesday night, we will have a communal candle lighting celebration at khun churn, Nimman. Soi 17, at 7pm. Come and light candles, have some latkes and enjoy the holiday. Please RSVP by messaging me or at jewishsocietyCM at gmail.com

Hope to see you there :)

We will be glad to come......six of us

I do believe RTD will be setting his non-vegetarian foot in Khun Churn for the first time in

a good yr or two Tues night for the shindig.

I'll help cook too. I know who to call, so you know who I am.

A good latke should have what in it ??!!

Mine get onions always. Not too much, but gotta be in there.

And the next question is about toppings - we gonna have sour cream n apple sauce too ? Oh my!