Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Koh Kood

A friend of mine is heading to Koh Kood in mid-January 2010. She's been trying to Google boat schedules but said there was conflicting information online.

I assume the boat's leave from Laem Ngop, like the ones to Koh Chang and Koh Mak? Or are there other points of departure on the Thai mainland?

Does anyone here know what boat services are available, what times of the day they leave, and how long the respective trips take? Thanks a lot in advance. :)

It's been about 4 yrs since I went ot Koh Kood. The resort we went to arranged the boat service, which was not the same port as for Koh Chang, it was a small place almost like someones house that was on the water. We parked in front of the house and then there was a little dock in the back. Sorry I cant recall the name of the place we went to or the name of the dock. I am positive it was not the same dock / port as going to Koh Chang, however there may be boat service from that dock to Koh Chang. I suggest you speak to the resort you are going to on Koh Kood as they should have some type of boat service or can at least tell you where to get a boat.

gogole for a site named whitesandspublications or so. They do a quarterly Koh Chang+smaller isles booklet with all the info-incl all trasnport, boats etc. its printed (often available at tr-agents all over LOS) or on that site.

And if you really, really believe that any thing Thai would NOT give conflicting info, or even believe that if there would be universal info, it would also be right-then you have not yet properly adopted to the way things run here in LOS

There are both ferries and speedboats operating between mainland and Koh Kood.

Mainland departure port is Laem Sok - NOT Laem Ngop.

Speedboats are leaving 9, 10 and 13, the trip taking one hour. Go to website www.awayresorts.com/kohkood and you'll find schedules for boats and ferries

:)

There are both ferries and speedboats operating between mainland and Koh Kood.

Mainland departure port is Laem Sok - NOT Laem Ngop.

Speedboats are leaving 9, 10 and 13, the trip taking one hour. Go to website www.awayresorts.com/kohkood and you'll find schedules for boats and ferries

Thank you Yussie. :)

Some websites claim that there are boats leaving for Koh Kood both from Laem Ngop (via Koh Mak) and Laem Sok. Also, your info is the only one I have seen online that claims there are three departure times for the speedboats - the website you referenced only lists two boat departures per day, one "CP Lamsork" at 9 AM and one "Nin Mang Korn Lamsork" at 12.30 PM. The schedule they link to is here: http://www.awayresorts.com/resortkohkood/Boat_Transfer.pdf

I also looked at the Whitesands publications website. They have no information on boats to Ko Kood, they say they do, but the link just points to info for the Koh Chang ferries.