Need Some Useful Pointers

Just a message for all out there in

Myself and my girlfriend are both qualified Secondary English teachers in the UK. We are looking to move to Thailand to teach for our own professional development. So far in our research it seems essential for TEFL related certificates. What's the low down on qualified English teachers? Will this limit us in the type of job we can look for?

Arnold, I' m not usually pedantic, but if you're that qualified, could you please keep your posts consistent as to grammar, syntax, and qualifications?

International schools might pay each of you 80,000/month. Then again, they might not really be intern'al schools, they might pay each of you 50K.

I don't mean to be negative, but people don't come to Thailand for professional development. They come to Thailand because they like Thailand for any of a variety of reasons. I doubt if having a couple of years of teaching experience in Thailand will enhance your CV much.

On the other hand, there are many positive aspects to living here and if you can come here with an open mind you will find life here both enjoyable and educational.

Well, Well Peaceblondie

You know what they say? 'Once a teacher, always a teacher' So for your own peaceofmindblondie, here is the message in correct English (hope you are able to sleep now)

My girlfriend and I are looking to move to Thailand in September or October. The reason being, we are looking to extend our Professional development in teaching English as a Foreign Language. However, in our research, thus far, it seems that it is essential to hold a TEFL related qualification. Could anyone clarify what a British teaching qualification is worth in Thailand? Will this limit us in the type of job we can apply for?

(Hope that is to your satisfaction Miss Peaceblondie? And if you're splitting hairs then why are you using abbreviations?)