Renewing British Passport

Hi Folks

I know this topic is on another area, but it has not been posted on for 2 or 3 months.

Just wondered if one could answer this quiestion.

My passport actually matures in March 2010 and my visa extension based on marriage, well my reporting for my 90 days is due early Feb and my quiestion is this. Is it possible just to get a brand new passport and on the application forms is there any quiestion about your old one ?

Normally in the UK one sends it off and then the new one is sent with the old one, but am just wondering in that come Feb 2010 when I am due for reporting and stamping at the local office they may I think stamp till expiry date.

Not to sure and do u have to take phtocopies of your old passports re: the hisory of stamping here in Thailand.

I am also planning on going down to the Embassy, as I do not want my present passport to go missing.

Thanks very much for any help and any help much appreciated.

John H West

There is no problem applying early for your new PP, indeed you now get up to 9 months of extra validity on your new PP if the old one has not actually expired.

Get photos that comply with the UK PP requirements:-

http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/files/ips/live/a...ents/photos.pdf

http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/files/ips/live/a...te_trade_v1.pdf

There is a photo-shop in Wave Place (at the junction of Sukhumvit and Wireless Road) who know what is required, it's very strict these days in order that they can extract the biometrics.

You can get the form from the embassy (it should be available for download too) check their website, you'll find the fee and how to pay there too.

If you apply in person you don't need to get the photos countersigned, and they will let you keep your old passport whilst the application is processed (you may have to ask to keep it after they've sighted it, just tell them you have to travel).

Once the new PP is ready they'll cancel your old PP by cropping the cover, then it's off to immigration to get your stamps transferred.

I am in the same situation as the OP

I am on a work permit and that is valid until October 2010 (passport expires in February). I know how to renew my passport but what about immigration?

Do I need any documents for immigration or do I turn up with the old passport and work permit?

I am on a work permit and that is valid until October 2010 (passport expires in February). I know how to renew my passport but what about immigration?

Do I need any documents for immigration or do I turn up with the old passport and work permit?

When you get your new PP you should get a letter from the embassy to give to immigration, just take it and both passports to immigration and they will use up two pages of your new PP transferring your data. I don't think they need anything else.