Applying For New Passport Then Going To Laos For Next Double Tv

Hi everyone,

I will be applying for a new US passport in Bangkok soon because I'm running out of pages. (mostly Tourist Visas, but NO RED STAMP)

Then I will go to Laos to apply for another double Thai TV. I will probably be asked to show new passport and old one upon exiting Thailand. How about when applying for a Thai visa in Vientiane? Is there anything particular I should prepare using a new passport?

After getting your knew passport you should go to the immigration office to have your current permission to stay, ie latest arrival stamp and/or extension of stay, transferred to the new passport before you travel.

--

Maestro

After getting your new passport you should go to the immigration office to have your current permission to stay, ie latest arrival stamp and/or extension of stay, transferred to the new passport before you travel.

--

Maestro

Just did the same in october,just show new passport @consulate.Had no problems,but still curious how this red stamp thing will play out on subsequent visits.

Who would bother doing the trip with a red warning stamp already in their passport? The red stamp basically say "don't come back again".

If you do get a red stamp and then return for a subsequent visit, please let us know how it goes.

Edited by lopburi3
remove needless quote - lopburi3