Thai Language Softeware Recommendations?

Davevail

Hi, I am new to this forum and just returned from Thailand, loved it! I want to learn some of the language before I return. I am looking for recommendations on software that I could use on my home computer(or websites?) to help me learn. Any and all recommendations appreciated! :)

Edited by Davevail

I bought Rosetta Stone Thai...paid a lot for it and used it twice. Seemed to be the best around based on reviews and trails, though.

I ended up getting a 1 year Ed Visa and studied at Pro Language at Asoke BTS. You need to go to class and do the homework, but really learned a lot...solid conversational level stuff - no reading and writing, but I can chat up the ladies pretty well, hahaha

Smart to speak the language if your moving here, Thais are super nice about helping you with words and phrases. All have been impressed and complimentary about at least "trying to speak Thai".

well worth the effort, choke dii kp.

Matthew Courage of Courage Software has a C/D called Thai Interactive Language System.

I copied the below text from the back jacket of the C/D:

This software was designed for the serious student of Thai. It offers 99 chapters, 2900 phrases, 11,000 vocabulary words, 26 quick reference categories, 15 reference tables, 36 exercises, 5 crossword puzzle generators and 8 print activity engines. It has engines which read Thai at a syllable level, exercises which cater to both beginning and advanced students, and a system which monitors student progress.

His website is www.couragesoftware.com

When I bought it several years ago, it was NOT available in thailand, but I don't know now.

Good luck..

BTW: I have no affiliation with courage software, and offer it out only as a learning resource. :)